Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rifle fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rifle fairing?

Recently while looking for a fairing for my 05 dyna superglide I came across these guys...
Im interested in the rifle roadster.
Anyone have one, use one, or have any information on them?
Do I have to move the headlight on these?

Last edited by ubersoldate; 04-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:12 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser

I've been running the Rifle faring on my 08 FXD. I have not run any other type of fairing so I can't really compare the roadster fairing. However, I had to raise the head light with the block included from Rifle, and then rig an arm to push the headlight out farther. I originally had the support arms mounted to the speedo mount (as recommended by rifle) but I never liked it. I ended up using turn signal relocation brackets to attach the fairing arms to the bike. The directions included with the fairing also direct you to drill into the bottom of the fairing. The whole fairing attachment system drives me nuts but back then, there were not nearly as many options for fairings as there are today. I can put some pics up later if that would help.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:35 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced

Originally Posted by outlaw16
I've been running the Rifle faring on my 08 FXD. I have not run any other type of fairing so I can't really compare the roadster fairing. However, I had to raise the head light with the block included from Rifle, and then rig an arm to push the headlight out farther. I originally had the support arms mounted to the speedo mount (as recommended by rifle) but I never liked it. I ended up using turn signal relocation brackets to attach the fairing arms to the bike. The directions included with the fairing also direct you to drill into the bottom of the fairing. The whole fairing attachment system drives me nuts but back then, there were not nearly as many options for fairings as there are today. I can put some pics up later if that would help.
Some pics would be great!

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-26-2014, 07:56 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Search function and google, there's 100 threads on the rifle roadster

Old 04-26-2014, 08:21 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser

Just like emerican said, there are some good threads on the roadster fairing. I should have mentioned it in my first post, but the idea to use the turn signal relocation brackets came from this forum. Anyway, I'm no mechanic nor a photographer so I snapped two pics with my phone to kind of illustrate the points. Good luck in your decision!

Attached Thumbnails Rifle fairing?-photo-49-.jpg   Rifle fairing?-photo-50-.jpg  
Old 04-26-2014, 09:16 PM
streetpep
Cruiser
Angry

How quick you want it. I ordered a rifle fairing in black the second week of Feb, still didn't get it.. Should be here on april 30

Old 04-26-2014, 09:43 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced

Originally Posted by streetpep
How quick you want it. I ordered a rifle fairing in black the second week of Feb, still didn't get it.. Should be here on april 30
Seems that is the norm. Sorry about your wait. I ordered mine, but I will call on Monday, if they by chance are that backed up, I will cancel and move on.
I cannot understand how a company could not be able to mass produce something, as they lose more customers who don't want to wait than they would if that sat on some of the inventory for a few months.

Good luck on your wait. Thanks for mentioning that.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's an awesome fairing. One of the few with a interchangeable windshield. I have mine mounted with HD quick detach clamps. I snap it on and off in 10 seconds all the time.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I researched Rifle to death before deciding on the Roadster- these guys are the original Vetter fairing manufacturers-a solid reputation, but not mass produced.

I set mine up in 2010 on my bike and have not had to readjust them so far and it's been exposed to all types of weather- extreme cold and heat.

I'm happy with Rifle and my Roadster Fairing.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...installed.html

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/hall...spx?RacerID=93

http://rifle.com/AboutUs.aspx

Last edited by Sling Blade 14; 04-27-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
H3YP0PS
Stage III

Dynam1te, Could you supply instructions on setup for the quick disconnect? Maybe pics? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Rifle fairing?