Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 AM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Tuner

I'm in the market for a auto tuner and been reading a lot of the past post and was wondering if anyone has used the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Tuner....

Old 05-31-2014, 12:13 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Yup, 4 years without a problem. Switched exhaust 3 times , intake, modified intake,
for stage 1 you can't beat it.
i would buy it again.
shop around I got mine for $400.00

Old 05-31-2014, 12:23 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

One problem with the Cobra tuner is if you ever decide you want a dyno tune then you will need a different tuner. With something like the Power Vision or SE tuners - no problem. I realize that you are wanting to avoid getting a dyno tune($$) but sometimes you change your mind..... just saying.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Id.Fat Bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by stilup
Yup, 4 years without a problem. Switched exhaust 3 times , intake, modified intake,
for stage 1 you can't beat it.
i would buy it again.
shop around I got mine for $400.00
Okay...$400...where?

Old 05-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts
Old 05-31-2014, 03:24 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
One problem with the Cobra tuner is if you ever decide you want a dyno tune then you will need a different tuner. With something like the Power Vision or SE tuners - no problem. I realize that you are wanting to avoid getting a dyno tune($$) but sometimes you change your mind..... just saying.
I just don't understand this mentality........why would anyone avoid getting their bike running at it's peak performance? spend thousands in the initial cost, thousands more in this upgrade and that upgrade and then try to SAVE as much as possible on the one thing you shouldn't skimp out on.....just sayin

Old 05-31-2014, 07:21 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Thanks for the info guys .. it's seem that a lot of people are running the power commander V I was thinking on this one with the auto tune. But the more i read the it seems complicated unless you do get it DYNO by someone that knows what he is doing. Also heard good things about the Thundermax but damn $$$$ but like thedonthere said why skimp ... we drop that kinda of money on pipes without thinking twice.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

My bike runs at peak performance every day. The auto tuner is like running a dyno every ride.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:51 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 08streetbobbin
Thanks for the info guys .. it's seem that a lot of people are running the power commander V I was thinking on this one with the auto tune. But the more i read the it seems complicated unless you do get it DYNO by someone that knows what he is doing. Also heard good things about the Thundermax but damn $$$$ but like thedonthere said why skimp ... we drop that kinda of money on pipes without thinking twice.
Got my t-max for around $450 used on eBay. Awesome setup and know mothers that use it w/o issues. I love it!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:59 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
I just don't understand this mentality........why would anyone avoid getting their bike running at it's peak performance? spend thousands in the initial cost, thousands more in this upgrade and that upgrade and then try to SAVE as much as possible on the one thing you shouldn't skimp out on.....just sayin
Quoting the wrong person for your argument, my bike is dyno tuned by GMR Performance. I also was recommending the OP to get a tuner that a dyno tuner can use.

There will always be rea$on$ to not dyno right away, future mods, breaking in the motor, etc but a decent tuner will keep your bike running well enough, especially for Stage 1.

Quick Reply: Auto Tuner