Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider Muffler Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 AM
orgredneck
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 2014 Low Rider Muffler Options

Hi all,

Just got a new Low Rider Saturday,
wanting to get better muffler.
what options are available.
looking for ideas some have done.
were is the cat in header or muffler.

thanks for the help,
Don

Old 06-01-2014, 07:31 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

The cat is in the collector after the headpipes but before the single muffler. I went with the S.E. Nightstick and installed a L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap and leave it in the fully open position for a bit more rumble as the closed end cap as supplied was very quiet. I also removed 10 of the 14 disks as an open end cap is equal to 10 disks since this is a Supertrapp muffler made for H-D. The cat will be the final determination of how much sound one gets with a slip-on.

I was considering doing a complete aftermarket 2-1 exhaust but since installing a FuelMoto tuned PCV I feel no need for it. I may keep an eye out for a different slip-on but no one as yet makes one for the Low Rider.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:29 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

If you're looking for a full system, then I would consider the V&H Pro Pipe

Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
DynamicDyna
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orgredneck
Hi all, Just got a new Low Rider Saturday, wanting to get better muffler. what options are available. looking for ideas some have done. were is the cat in header or muffler. thanks for the help, Don
the Best clearance and performance is bassani 2into1

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Low Rider Muffler Options-image-1858938944.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

He was asking about slip-on options. And I quote......

Wanting to get better muffler.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 PM
orgredneck
Tourer

Originally Posted by modular
The cat is in the collector after the headpipes but before the single muffler. I went with the S.E. Nightstick and installed a L.A. Choppers adjustable end cap and leave it in the fully open position for a bit more rumble as the closed end cap as supplied was very quiet. I also removed 10 of the 14 disks as an open end cap is equal to 10 disks since this is a Supertrapp muffler made for H-D. The cat will be the final determination of how much sound one gets with a slip-on.

I was considering doing a complete aftermarket 2-1 exhaust but since installing a FuelMoto tuned PCV I feel no need for it. I may keep an eye out for a different slip-on but no one as yet makes one for the Low Rider.
Looking to get a slip on muffler.
Would you have pictures of your set up.
did you remove the cat?

thanks,
Don

Last edited by orgredneck; 06-01-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:14 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Well, sure! Hope these help.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:25 PM
orgredneck
Tourer

anyone change muffler yet,
can't find any options,
except the S.E Nightstick

thanks
Don

Looking to get a slip on muffler.
Would you have pictures of your set up.
did you remove the cat?

thanks,
Don

Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modular, did you consider installing an open end cap from Supertrapp? How much louder than stock is your exhaust now? Do you get any decel popping with your set up? Thanks.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:27 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2>4
Modular, did you consider installing an open end cap from Supertrapp?
I am thinking about trying the Slotted Wheel Trapp Cap #402-1020 but the open area is about the same on the L.A. Choppers and Trapp Caps. I did not like the finish on the standard Supertrapp stainless open end cap.

Originally Posted by 2>4
How much louder than stock is your exhaust now? Do you get any decel popping with your set up? Thanks.
Here is the long story.....When I installed just the slip-on as supplied by H-D (14 disks and closed end cap) it was still pretty darn quiet.....and I don't like loud exhausts. There was a very small amount of gurgling under decel and an occasional puff between shifts but NO popping. No more surging than you get stock with the lean tuning.

Then I added the L.A. Choppers in the fully open position and a Kuryakyn Velociraptor intake. This made the gurgling a bit more severe but still no loud popping so I went to a K&N intake #RK-3922. This helped the gurgling as I have now proved to myself that the Velociraptor intake caused this on both this bike and my '12 XL1200C. I would say the exhaust is 50-60% louder than the OEM muff.

I added in a set of ViED's and that helped a bit more but the gurgling was still there but nothing between shifts. I then removed 10 disks as that is what an open end cap equals to. Helped a bit more but still not to my liking as I do not like any noise under decel. I removed (and sold) the ViED's and installed a FuelMoto tuned PCV. Night and day difference and just where I want it. I have a FuelMoto tuned PCV on my '12 XL1200C and should have done this from the get-go.

Last edited by modular; 06-07-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider Muffler Options