Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Low Rider w/ Power Vision and Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:55 AM
mallder
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have the PV sitting in front of me right now but I believe the button sequence is, tune vehicle, auto tune, datalog. This should give you a green graph with a "mode" button at the bottom. The green graph represents your VE table. There are several view modes you can cycle through. Press mode until you have the LCOR screen. This is the learned correction in %. You want to keep loading autotune results until you see the numbers on this screen consistently below 5%.

The "hits" screen is fun. Its fun to try and hit the extreme edges of the graph. To hit the high throttle positions at low to mid rpms I put it in 5th or 6th gear and lean on the rear brake a little to slow the rate of acceleration.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 AM
mallder
Intermediate

Keep in mind that tuning the VE table is just one piece of a much larger tuning puzzle. All those other graphs you see in Winpv have a purpose, accel enrichment, decel enleanment, ect. Ect. Ect.

Be very careful adjusting these tables and always save new tunes under a new name.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:18 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mallder
I dont have the PV sitting in front of me right now but I believe the button sequence is, tune vehicle, auto tune, datalog. This should give you a green graph with a "mode" button at the bottom. The green graph represents your VE table. There are several view modes you can cycle through. Press mode until you have the LCOR screen. This is the learned correction in %. You want to keep loading autotune results until you see the numbers on this screen consistently below 5%.

The "hits" screen is fun. Its fun to try and hit the extreme edges of the graph. To hit the high throttle positions at low to mid rpms I put it in 5th or 6th gear and lean on the rear brake a little to slow the rate of acceleration.
Ahhh, so thats the advantage of mounting the PV. I was just setting autotune and then putting it in my jacket until I arrive at my destination. I then oull it out and save the autotune session and flash the tune so I waw ready for the next session. So I wasnt monitoring the VE tabkes and making sure I was hitting all the marks.

I also wasnt paying attention to the VE graph. I was just hitting Log Start and then Log Stop. Next time, once the autotune session is done, I will check the VE screen more closely and then scroll through the different modes and see if I am getting under a 5% change. I know this, right now the bike seems to run very good so its probably not needed....but I love techy stuff. Lol

Keep in mind that tuning the VE table is just one piece of a much larger tuning puzzle. All those other graphs you see in Winpv have a purpose, accel enrichment, decel enleanment, ect. Ect. Ect.

Be very careful adjusting these tables and always save new tunes under a new name.
I certwinly wont be changing anything in those tables until I fully understand what I am doing....which will take awhile and lots of reading. I am working my way through the "Power Vision Information" sticky no2. Its gives lots of info but not too much on how to do certain things...like how to knoe you are getting less than 5% chsnges in the VE tables.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:27 PM
mallder
Intermediate

It looks like you have the right idea. Dont be afraid to experiment, have fun.

I like the techy stuff also, I have a fair amount of experience tuning aftermarket fuel injection on my hot rod, (71 chevelle with a highly modified LS3 style engine). The Harley computer is quite good, the power vision makes it better.

Im a big fan of mounting the PV to the bars. In fact, mine is still on my bars a year later. I like being able to monitor cylinder head temp, AFR, and battery voltage. I even left the wide band O2 sensors hooked up. On many occasions I will adjust the AFR to help keep the engine cool in summer, or lean it out for more mileage on the interstate.

I like to play with stuff..... It's a weakness.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like you have the right idea. Dont be afraid to experiment, have fun.

I like the techy stuff also, I have a fair amount of experience tuning aftermarket fuel injection on my hot rod, (71 chevelle with a highly modified LS3 style engine). The Harley computer is quite good, the power vision makes it better.

Im a big fan of mounting the PV to the bars. In fact, mine is still on my bars a year later. I like being able to monitor cylinder head temp, AFR, and battery voltage. I even left the wide band O2 sensors hooked up. On many occasions I will adjust the AFR to help keep the engine cool in summer, or lean it out for more mileage on the interstate.

I like to play with stuff..... It's a weakness.
Well, now you have me convinced to mount it. I just wish there was somewhere else to mount it other than the handle bars. I got the mount from fuel moto but it doesnt seem all that sturdy. I dont have a windsheild so I can imagine the wind hitting it at highway speeds it cant be good for the mount and I certainky dont want to see the PV fly off going doen the road. Ha!

Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

I use that same mount from fuelmoto and the visor and never had a problem with it for many many rides,

Also try a map from dynojet if you getting a lot of decel popping, the map i got for my stage1 was really good, it wasnt specific to bike, get the closest one, ie. 96ci, V&H 2 to 2, SE air intake

Thanks
Mirrmu