Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,120 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
What is the procedure for unlock license to go through Fuel Moto?
For PV licensing you can contact Brian Kohls @ 920-423-3309. We will need some info from your Power Vision and he can walk you thru it very easily. We then provide the new license as well as a Fuel Moto map for your new setup.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
New Power Vision firmware and software went live yesterday, it can be updated via PV update client. This now includes 2014 FLH support. The tune database has not yet been updated for the 14 FLH models, however both Dynojet & Fuel Moto have a good assortment of maps which are available upon request.

Does this just add support for 2014 models or is there any new fetures for pre 14 bikes? Won't be able to check it out for a while.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Harley83
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
I don't see that on their download page.
with the software update, the box connected to the computer

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 AM
nirschl
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, I wish someone could go through and make a summary of all the useful info in this thread! It's long!! Haha

Anyhow, I have been reading through slowly. I just recently installed the FM 2/1/2. I've also got the SE Ventilator and Pro Touring mufflers. I am using a map from Fuel Moto for the 2/1/2 configuration.

I'm getting some decel pop and the most annoying is the popping between shifting. Basically 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. It usually happens right around the 2800-and up range.

Can someone help here??

I'd be more than happy to post a pic of a recent log I took the other day of that helps at all. I am trying hard to learn this PV thing and am enjoying it. I've done a few AT runs as well to no avail.

Cheers

Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Try a map from dynojet as well,

I put one on from Dj that was close to my setup and in regards to decel pop it has eliminated pretty much 99% of it

Have done a few autotune's and got the decel back, flashed the original DJ map and back to normal. Some intel i am getting is that its common to have to use winPV to get the decel pop out after autotuning

Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 10-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fullautomike
Anyone ever hear you motor ping, and nothing showed up on your DL? I swore I heard my motor ping a few times but nothing showed up in my DL. I would like to add, that I've not had an audible ping in a couple months which was not related to a high heat condition.
What should I make of this?

Mike...Im getting the same thing. I sould go back and explain what i did first. My bike was running fine but i went back to the original map supplyed by fuelmoto. I did this so i could learn to use log tuner. Did a few auto tune runs, then started on the timing using log tuner. I have gone through 10 runs with log tuner for spark. it still pings. i am driving my self nuts. last night i went in and looked real hard at my log. What i think i am seeing is that the log shows knock events starting at 2600rpm. The log tuner is not pulling till 2750 cell. So what i think is happening is the log tuner is pulling timing in the wrong cell. Im going to call fuelmoto. talk to them about it. they will probably have me send them the logs. No problem. what i did was save each log and edited map of each run. I have a running history of this. But i think i see the problem. Like i said i think log tuner is pulling from the wrong cells. Might be that there is a lag. By the time the log tuner is catching my events it is ( making numbers up ) a second too late.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Boston Chris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
Does this just add support for 2014 models or is there any new fetures for pre 14 bikes? Won't be able to check it out for a while.
uncle.... i asked the same question last time fuelmoto came on and made a comment about the update coming soon....got no reply.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 150 Likes on 116 Posts
Default PV and Log Tuner Problem

I downloaded the new firmware and power vision software. Log tuner and new power vision software are not working together.

My bike is 07 throttle cable driven. The new software lists my VE tables as VE(tps position). The old software lists my VE tables as VE.

Log tuner does not recognize the new VE (tps position) as a valid table. I reinstalled the old power vision software and all works fine.

The new firmware seems to work ok and not causing any conflicts and works with the old power vision software so that's a plus for now.

It's a glitch but I'm sure they will work it out. Maybe you guys with tbw wont have that problem.

Gozzie

Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It Is an Issue

Originally Posted by Gozzie
I downloaded the new firmware and power vision software. Log tuner and new power vision software are not working together.
My bike is 07 throttle cable driven. The new software lists my VE tables as VE(tps position). The old software lists my VE tables as VE.
Log tuner does not recognize the new VE (tps position) as a valid table. I reinstalled the old power vision software and all works fine.
The new firmware seems to work ok and not causing any conflicts and works with the old power vision software so that's a plus for now.
It's a glitch but I'm sure they will work it out. Maybe you guys with tbw wont have that problem.
Gozzie
DJ is working on the issue.
The new 2014 ECM does not record/track VEs the same way as the previous models. That's why the latest updates are not functioning.
I went through 4 different updates/rollbacks the last two days (working with DJ).
Now they recommend rolling your firmware back to:

Latest Version

1- Software: 2.05.1314(x32)

2- System Upgrade: 1.0.1 1.0.1

3- Firmware: 2.0.5-1254

4- Tune DB: 0.0.9.14

There is a new firmware update: 2.05-11316

However I am reluctant to use it yet...
Also, my unit will not rollback to the earlier Tune DB of 0.0.9.14 that apparently does not contain the 2014 tunes as recommended;
so I still have the 0.0.9.18 DB.

Good luck. Rollback and you should be good for now.

Last edited by JetD; 10-03-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: text
Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this is right place to ask, I have a PV and plan to do a 107 build from my stock 103 stage 1 with either 777 cams or the S&S 570 ez cams with Stage II heads.Hillside in NY ( Scott Palmer) will be doing my build. FM is too far for me... Hillside not really into EFI tuning so i will need a MAP from FM and will dyno to see result but will not tune with my Powervision.
I did buy the PV from Jamie. No one in my area here use's the powervision.

i don't have the autotune since my bungs are 12mm on my V&H power duals. will running the PV in BASIC tune with the stock O2 sensors be enough after i get a map from Jamie ? Do i have to go with a AUTOTUNE after my build with the wideband 02 sensors. please help.

Last edited by papifun; 10-03-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread