Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

FLHT Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:34 AM
martinfd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHT Cruise Control

I have a 2004 FLHTi that I recently put 14" apes on. The new cables did not have the roll off switch, so I just taped up the ends of the wiring and tucked them up out of the way. If I understand correctly, the roll off switch makes a switch that disengages the cruise with a forward twist of the go grip... Well, my cruise will not even engage anymore. I get up to speed, and hit set and the indicator in the dash turns green, but I let off the throttle and it's not engaged... Light stays green until I turn off the cruise again. Is it maybe the adjustment in my throttle cables, I adjust them to have a very small amount of play in the grip... Thanks for he help in advance...

Old 06-14-2015, 12:33 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by martinfd
I have a 2004 FLHTi that I recently put 14" apes on. The new cables did not have the roll off switch, so I just taped up the ends of the wiring and tucked them up out of the way. If I understand correctly, the roll off switch makes a switch that disengages the cruise with a forward twist of the go grip... Well, my cruise will not even engage anymore. I get up to speed, and hit set and the indicator in the dash turns green, but I let off the throttle and it's not engaged... Light stays green until I turn off the cruise again. Is it maybe the adjustment in my throttle cables, I adjust them to have a very small amount of play in the grip... Thanks for he help in advance...
If you disconnected your roll off switch, your throttle cables aren't the issue because the mis-adjustment are what kicks the switch. Have you tried making a connection between the two wires you disconnected and trying the cruise?