EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Hello and help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 AM
shadowchrome
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a great find! Wishing you many more years in the saddle!!!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:14 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,699 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Why does everyone keep buying 97 Roadkings? what a bunch of losers

See my cold in Ohio thread, didn't help you but darn I'm trying
If I could find one like the OP did. I'll gladly join the losers ranks
WP

Old 11-22-2014, 08:08 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,685 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
If I could find one like the OP did. I'll gladly join the losers ranks
WP
As much money that I have in my RK, I'm a poster child for loser but someone always has to be number one.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by keyskruiser
We met at $5700. .
Nice find, good choice on the EVO, these are getting to be classic bikes.
As long as you can hold it up, you are never to old.
I have more friends who have died riding Lazyboys than Harleys.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:44 AM
keyskruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I am working on getting a picture up today or tomorrow. We have had rain everyday and little sun. I want you to see what I am so proud of. Took the seat off yesterday to hook up the battery tender and found a new battery with clean terminals. Today I will remove the heel shifter. I got the spacer yesterday.
The sun is out now so no excuses. I am going to ride down to Key West this afternoon and have a beer at Schooner Wharf.

Hey Spanners, I will have to tell you the story about renting a bike in Christchurch and getting a riding lesson from a few of the locals.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,699 Likes on 1,154 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
As much money that I have in my RK, I'm a poster child for loser but someone always has to be number one.
If I had any intentions of selling mine I'd be crying like baby.
Bought a bike that had a couple of easy fix problems and then it went SOUTH.As in BAD. Got her fixed, looking and running good.
Paint is next That'll be a few more bucks in it for sure

WP

Old 11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 255 Posts

Hey Spanners, I will have to tell you the story about renting a bike in Christchurch and getting a riding lesson from a few of the locals.
Do tell....

Old 11-24-2014, 07:22 AM
keyskruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Three Mates in NZ

when I was checking in to the City Center Motel in Christchurch, the owner noticed an Iron Butt tee shirt I was wearing and we immediately started talking motorcycles. He had a brand new BMW 1200 GS. He said he and two Mates were going for a ride the next day, and if I wanted to join them he knew where I could rent a bike. Riding in NZ with three locals.......where do I sign? I rented an 1150 GS, and at eight the next morning I met his friends and we were off. They knew every road that posed a challenge, and they knew how to ride them. I rode my own ride and didn't even try to keep up with them. They were wonderful fun loving guys, and I will never forget them. We had lunch in a small town and ended up getting in 300 miles for the day. I am sure I saw some of the best scenery, and roads, NZ has to offer, and it has plenty. One of the best riding days I can remember. I am forever grateful to those guys for taking a complete stranger on their ride, and giving him a riding lesson to boot. Dinner and wine at Cafe Valentino ended a pretty spectacular day in Christchurch.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:42 AM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ Great story. Now where's the pics??

Old 11-24-2014, 10:01 AM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

when I was checking in to the City Center Motel in Christchurch, the owner noticed an Iron Butt tee shirt I was wearing and we immediately started talking motorcycles. He had a brand new BMW 1200 GS. He said he and two Mates were going for a ride the next day, and if I wanted to join them he knew where I could rent a bike. Riding in NZ with three locals.......where do I sign? I rented an 1150 GS, and at eight the next morning I met his friends and we were off. They knew every road that posed a challenge, and they knew how to ride them. I rode my own ride and didn't even try to keep up with them. They were wonderful fun loving guys, and I will never forget them. We had lunch in a small town and ended up getting in 300 miles for the day. I am sure I saw some of the best scenery, and roads, NZ has to offer, and it has plenty. One of the best riding days I can remember. I am forever grateful to those guys for taking a complete stranger on their ride, and giving him a riding lesson to boot. Dinner and wine at Cafe Valentino ended a pretty spectacular day in Christchurch.
not to hijack the post any further; but this story reminds me of one of my own. Navy, on liberty call (1978 or 79) in Sydney Australia. Was walking around the downtown sidewalks taking in the sights when I saw a Panhead parked on the street. While looking at it (and thinking about my 49 waiting on me back in Texas), the owner walked up. Turns out he was an Aussie sailor. I hopped on the back and he took me to parts of town the tourist would never see....A small bike shop that had a pre-1910 restored HD, was only missing the headlight. We rode for a few hours, met a few of his mates, drank a few beers...it was a most execelent reprieve for a military guy a long way from home in a foreign country. I gave him a teeshirt I had from Dudley Perkins HD (San Francisco)..we exchanged addresses to keep in touch, but I lost it somewhere along the way in my travels. Good memory; the brotherhood is everywhere.

Last edited by SeaZund; 11-24-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Hello and help please