Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Internal Exhaust Coating

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:01 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Internal Exhaust Coating

I'm going to try the Eastwood Internal Exhaust Coating on a new replacement header pipe.
Anybody use this product? Or a similar one?

Old 11-11-2015, 03:33 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

I coated the header and my used crossover pipe. Stuff is a mess to use, very thin bodied.
I figured for $20 not much to lose. I'll see if it makes a difference.

Before

After

Old 11-11-2015, 03:56 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Don't bother. Buy an exhaust with a proper ceramic coating professionally installed, already in place.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:25 PM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation Eastwood is GREAT!

I have not used this particular coating, by I have used this same exact tube many times over to paint the inside of body panels on cars & trucks. The tube works very well and is reusable. I have one that I have used in over 10 cans of paint. The tube fits most Eastwood spray products. The tube will allow a good even coat all the around, but the paint will run.

This method is very, very messy. If you do paint the inside of exhaust, please do it off of and far away from the motorcycle. Also, make sure the heat shields are no where insight too. Didn't mean to insult anyone's intelligence.

Another idea is to get Eastwood's Paint Prep product as well. When you are done, take the tube off of the exhaust paint and put it on the can of paint prep and spray some cleaner thru it. This allows the tube to be cleaned out & re-used again.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:31 PM
shimaze
Tourer
Lightbulb Gonna try it!

I am going to try this product when I get my new exhaust. For $16 on sale, it can't be beat. I have a feeling that this product is just as good, if not better, than the expensive ceramic coatings offered by other vendors / suppliers. For less than the cost of shipping your pipes, you can get a can from Eastwood and be done with it. I have read nothing but good reviews and I have also heard it can be used on the outside of the pipes as well.

Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating

Old 11-27-2015, 08:13 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by shimaze
I am going to try this product when I get my new exhaust. For $16 on sale, it can't be beat. I have a feeling that this product is just as good, if not better, than the expensive ceramic coatings offered by other vendors / suppliers. For less than the cost of shipping your pipes, you can get a can from Eastwood and be done with it. I have read nothing but good reviews and I have also heard it can be used on the outside of the pipes as well.

Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating
You're extremely naive about ceramic coatings if you believe in what you just wrote. You're just going to jack up your new exhaust but it's your money dude.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:05 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
You're extremely naive about ceramic coatings if you believe in what you just wrote. You're just going to jack up your new exhaust but it's your money dude.
OldEnuf have you used the product? I don't see how it can ruin an exhaust header. I checked out reviews on the product and didn't find any negative reviews, except your opinion.
I plugged my oxygen sensors bungs and can't scratch the coating easily off the plugs, seems to be durable.
I've only run the bike about 5 minutes, when I get my new pushrods I'll see what the results are.

Last edited by DanDman; 11-28-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:02 PM
shimaze
Tourer
Exclamation All hail Eastwood!

What color is this paint? From your pic, it looks blue. Did you use it on the outside? If not, what is your opinion on using it on the outside? I am thinking of using it on the inside, outside, and on the back of heat shield? I will carefully tape off the front chrome part of the heat shield before I start painting. I have several caps that I can install on the can to make it spray like a normal can of spray paint.

OldEnuf2NoBtr, I am really gonna !@#$ it up!

Old 11-28-2015, 07:49 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

The picture is the inside of the crossover after I coated it, also I ran the motor about 5 minutes. The led lights on the camera give it a blue tint.
The coating is a flat silver. I painted part of the header that the chrome didn't cover, I'll post a pic later.
I didn't think of coating the heat shields, if enough is left I'll do it.
Two tips are include, the one with the hose and a regular spray tip.

Last edited by DanDman; 11-28-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:54 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Couldn't scratch with a screwdriver.

Sprayed with the tip included.

Quick Reply: Internal Exhaust Coating