Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Big City Thunder - Straight Pipe Fix (Performance Baffle)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big City Thunder - Straight Pipe Fix (Performance Baffle)

I had a set of Samson Fishtail pipes on ebay that I had taken off of my 97 Road King because I didn't like the sound. Anyway, this guy emails me and tells me that he bought a set off of ebay from guy that had the same problem and he went to Big City Thunder and bought a set of performance baffles that installed in the headpipes (or you can get them that install in the slip-ons themselves). He said they really increased performance and gave his fishtails a nice deep sound got rid of the jake brake decel characteristic of all straights and kept the loudness. I e-mailed the guy with some questions and went to bigcitythunder.com got the phone number and called and someone actually answered the phone yesterday morning (Sunday) and gave me some very helpful information about the product. I called back this morning and talked with the owner for about 30 min. (who was also very helpful and nice as could be) and I ordered a set of their ThunderMonsters which will be here on Wed. These are specifically designed for straight pipes, or gutted mufflers. With the headpipe installation, any slip-on can be used without losing the use of, or having to move the baffle. I pulled my fishtails of of e-bay and I am going to give the ThunderMonsters a try, either with the Fishtails or the gutted SE's I am running now. I will let you guys know how they do when I install them because I am sure that someone may have had the same problem with straights that I have and would like an easy ans inexpensive fix ($79.95 + Shipping).

The web address is www.bigcitythunder.com (I hope the link works)

Phone: (704)366-8672

**Call these guys with any questions, their knowledge and willingness to help the customer is impressive!!!