Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Moderator,please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moderator,please help

I tried to put in a new sig and it won't take. Please help me insert the picture.
Thanks,
Marsh

Old 11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,014 Likes on 1,735 Posts

In the user CP, click edit signature. Then type the url and upload the picture. Then hit insert picture (I circled it in red in the photo). It should hold then.

Attached Thumbnails Moderator,please help-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Dawg, but it doesn't seem to work. It's getting frustrating.
Marsh

Old 11-15-2009, 12:26 AM
chance
Club Member

Marsh, I am having the same problem... Gave up for the night myself..

Old 11-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

This was the most complicated forum I have been on as far as putting an avatar up.

It kept telling me the pic was an unsupported type. Eventually I sent the pic to photobucket, and downloaded back to my PC and then I could use it as an avatar.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 AM
CroK
Banned

Most pc's come with known file extensions hidden. You can change that setting so that you see the extension on most files. Knowing which file extension is on your pics will help you when only certain file typse are needed.

You can change that setting on your pc by opening any folder and going to the toolbar on top then selecting 'Tools'. A drop down menu will appear, and at the bottom you will see 'Folder Options'. Click that. An alternative would be in the Control Panel, (your Windows Control Panel, not the user control panel in this forum). Then at top of the folder options dialog click on the View tab. Look down the list under Advanced Settings for 'Hide extensions for known file types' and remove the check mark next to it. Then click on OK, or Apply then OK if you wish, but OK has to be the final step to accept any changes here.

Alot of the pics downloaded from the net are .gif files. There are many file types associated with pictures or graphic files. The most common and most widely accepted type are .jpg files because they are a compressed format which makes them easy to load or transfer online. If I haven't confused you by my lengthy instruction, I hope it has helped...

Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you're going to have to use the instructions for creating a signature at the top of the forum instead of just using the image code. I can edit your signature for you but without a password cannot set it up by uploading an image. Only Terry can do that for you.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:31 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 631 Posts

That Pic is to BIG , I'll Fix the Pic and put it as yur Sig
if you want to , PM me yur Log on INfo...

Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been putting images on this web-site for a few years now and never had this much trouble. The image I was trying to put up was my old sig that I went back in PhotShop and lightened. When I attempted for umpteen times to put it back, I get nothing.
Something is wrong on the web-site.
Marsh

Old 11-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CroK
Most pc's come with known file extensions hidden. You can change that setting so that you see the extension on most files. Knowing which file extension is on your pics will help you when only certain file typse are needed.

You can change that setting on your pc by opening any folder and going to the toolbar on top then selecting 'Tools'. A drop down menu will appear, and at the bottom you will see 'Folder Options'. Click that. An alternative would be in the Control Panel, (your Windows Control Panel, not the user control panel in this forum). Then at top of the folder options dialog click on the View tab. Look down the list under Advanced Settings for 'Hide extensions for known file types' and remove the check mark next to it. Then click on OK, or Apply then OK if you wish, but OK has to be the final step to accept any changes here.

Alot of the pics downloaded from the net are .gif files. There are many file types associated with pictures or graphic files. The most common and most widely accepted type are .jpg files because they are a compressed format which makes them easy to load or transfer online. If I haven't confused you by my lengthy instruction, I hope it has helped...
Thanks Crok. I did what you took the trouble to tell me but it still doesn't work.
I have no trouble inserting my sig on the other V Twin forum.
Marsh

Quick Reply: Moderator,please help