General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike rallies without bikers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 08:37 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bike rallies without bikers

Just wondering if this happens anywhere near you. Here at bowling green ky we have the harley drags and rally at beech bend park. Going on now as I speak. Problem is most of the people who show up for the rally aren't even bikers. They are all from the city and just want to sell drugs and start fights the whole time. Yea there are some bikers there but us bikers all get along pretty well and have respect for one another. But we have to deal with non riding idiots who are there just to get fd up a start fights. It's crazy. I decided to sit out this one.

Been to another rally where if you didn't ride a bike in then u don't get it. Now that was good procedure. Everybody at the rally were bikers looking for a good time and not one argument or confrontation ever. It was great.

Beech bend needs to take a lesson from dogwood lake about how to run a bike rally.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:49 AM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts
Question

No...

Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

At any decent sized rally these days there are just about as many campers, cars, and motorhomes, as there are bikes. Years ago, you went to a bike rally and all you saw were bikes. Not anymore. Sure, the bikers show up, but there are also many many non-riders there just for the party. Do like they do in Ohio at Wetzelland and charge out the azz for anything that isn't a bike, make them park far away, and you still get them. I also agree that bikers get along better with other bikers than when you put non-bikers into the mix.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

No...it'll stop the world from evolving, if you allow bike rally w/o bikers...

Old 09-27-2014, 06:55 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
At any decent sized rally these days there are just about as many campers, cars, and motorhomes, as there are bikes. Years ago, you went to a bike rally and all you saw were bikes. Not anymore. Sure, the bikers show up, but there are also many many non-riders there just for the party. Do like they do in Ohio at Wetzelland and charge out the azz for anything that isn't a bike, make them park far away, and you still get them. I also agree that bikers get along better with other bikers than when you put non-bikers into the mix.
The problem at beech bend is it's only a few miles from the " rough" part of town. So all the thugs roll down there to party. You know the type...pants down around there knees ect...hey dog this hey dog that. After a few drinks there prancing around looking for a fight or some sort of trouble. Often they find it but it's a major buzz killer when the cops have to be let into the rally because of it.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Gunrunner72
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 117 Posts

I used to LOVE going to beech bend for the drags on Friday and Saturday back when I was at WKU back in the early 90's. Finally got around to going to the Harley drags a few years ago....went once and that was enough for me because of the exact reasons you stated.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

I don't bother with any bike rallies or events anymore...I'd rather just head out and go somewhere where I don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch all of the doo-rag douchebags walking around pretending they're bikers.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:07 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

drag racing attracts speed freaks. they get a rush watching cars/bikes go fast. not your typical rally crowd. they are there for the speed, noise, and smell of nitro. we are not talking pro-stock motorcycles as part of a race program with lots of cars as the main attraction. we are talking all harley drags...with lots of speed, drivers hanging off the side to keep the bike on the track, lots of noise, and there is nothing like a harley on nitro or turbochargers. once the racing is over, those boys are ready to fight.

the n.h.r.a. has acquired the all harley drag racing association, and have run the harley nitro bikes at a few select national events this year--at the expense of not running pro-stock motorcycle at those events. nitro harleys should remain an exhibition class at a few national events, or be phased out all together. they do not have wide appeal...don't see many pirate suits at an all harley race. different crowd-not the people that the moco targets with their marketing strategy.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Gunrunner72
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
drag racing attracts speed freaks. they get a rush watching cars/bikes go fast. not your typical rally crowd. they are there for the speed, noise, and smell of nitro.
Many of the speed freaks I saw were of the meth variety. Smelled as much weed as nitro.lol

Old 09-27-2014, 03:35 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

we are lucky down here in texas...we only have tea-totalers, non-smoking, bible-thumping rednecks at our racing events. our speed freaks are only the kind that get high on m.p.h.!! j/k. sorry to hear that your races have deteriorated to someplace to avoid.

Quick Reply: Bike rallies without bikers