General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of this weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:06 PM
usmcbuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of this weather

I'm sure I'll get roasted for even whining, but my 2 week holiday vacation has been a let down for being able to do any riding. I know its winter but this wet weather is really starting to nerve me a bit. Its not that its cold but the on and off rain has just kept everything soaked. Starting to get cabin fever of sorts I guess. Don't wanna go to the movies or shopping or any of that BS, just wanna ride. You can only do so much polishing on the bike you know. Got much respect for you guys up North that get put out of action for months at a time, I'm not used to being shut down like this. I'll sure some of you would like to slap me like Gen. Patton and tell me to snap out of it...

Old 01-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

Received 461 Likes on 233 Posts

winter is only 12 days old, we have a ways to go up here. But for your sake i hope it clears up a little before your vacation is over. See you on the road in march maybe

Last edited by Low budget Dan; 01-02-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Panchorelly
Road Warrior
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I feel your pain , I have worked 3 days in the last 2 weeks and got to ride zero! I too am going stir crazy!

Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

me too. you're in east texas, i'm in west la. might as well be the same..... been off since before christmas and only been able to ride once......

Old 01-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcbuck
I'm sure I'll get roasted for even whining, but my 2 week holiday vacation has been a let down for being able to do any riding. I know its winter but this wet weather is really starting to nerve me a bit. Its not that its cold but the on and off rain has just kept everything soaked. Starting to get cabin fever of sorts I guess. Don't wanna go to the movies or shopping or any of that BS, just wanna ride. You can only do so much polishing on the bike you know. Got much respect for you guys up North that get put out of action for months at a time, I'm not used to being shut down like this. I'll sure some of you would like to slap me like Gen. Patton and tell me to snap out of it...
Words from EAST Texas.

Originally Posted by Panchorelly
I feel your pain , I have worked 3 days in the last 2 weeks and got to ride zero! I too am going stir crazy!
Words from WEST Texas.

Now... CENTRAL Texas can bitch.

Yes, the weather in Texas has sucked recently. We should be riding almost every day. Today in central Texas it was 35* and raining. That's the normal low temperature. Panchorelly, you probably had freezing rain and ice out west. Sorry usmcbuck, you'll get our weather tomorrow. This Monday, I'll wake up to temps in the low 20's and wind chills in the teens. The weather sucks so bad even the horses hate it. They're stuck in the barn. At least the folks up north can pull out snowmobiles (presuming there is snow on the ground).

No matter. Spring will be here soon enough.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Renegadewolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 279 Posts

I'll be pulling the bike out of storage the middle of March, the first day the roads are clear and it's above 38 degrees I'll be riding.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:20 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Bahahahaaaaa!

I LOL in your general direction.

I rode yesterday. It was 17 in the morning, 19 when I got to our destination.

Had a ball.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I got you all beat. Took delivery of a new 2014 SG 120r two weeks ago. Snowed that day, snowed twice since, and is gonna snow again tomorrow... Have not ridden it yet... -__-

Stupid Winter.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Onedef1
I got you all beat. Took delivery of a new 2014 SG 120r two weeks ago. Snowed that day, snowed twice since, and is gonna snow again tomorrow...

Stupid Winter.
I was waiting for the "And I've already got a thousand miles on it!!" part.

You're such a disappointment.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:24 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I hear you Buck. I'm in central Texas and I last rode on the 25th because of the wet weather since then. I can deal with the cold...it's the rain and misting that I won't ride in. Getting caught in it, no big deal but I won't go out in it.

Quick Reply: Sick of this weather