General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Default Favorite Boots

Greetings,

Thinking about getting new boots.

I came across the HD Daniel Boots at a dealer and they looked like they hit all the key attributes for me.

Curious what your preferred boot is.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:34 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Danner Stryker boots for me. Tough as nails and easy on/off.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:36 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

You might want to check out a local Red Wing store, I don't have a pair yet, but they will be providing my next pair I am almost sure of that, either the logger boot or the pull on, both of which are made here in the US of A as opposed to the HD boots made in shine-long-time.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Steve635
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doc Martin

I've always liked the lace ups with zippers on side (Bates, Thorogood and Magnum, are all good), but about a year ago I bought a pair of pull on Doc Martin's with padding at the ankles (sorry don't remember the name of the model) and I am sold. Most comfortable boots I've owned and though not specifically for motorcycling, they are sturdy, seem like they'd stay put in a spill and the ankle padding seems to provide a little extra protection. They were also reasonably priced and did I mention the most comfortable boots I've owned. OK, well it warranted mentioning again.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I just bought a new pair of the H-D "Hustin" Waterproof, zip-up boots.
They don't have a glossy appearance (which is fine with me) and I use Doc Baileys on then ever now and then, and I have some waterproofing goo that I put on them maybe once a month, and so far my feet have never gotten wet or even damp.
Shop around and find a dealer that will give you the 20% discount.
I think they are made by Wolverine Boots.

I wear my "motorcycle" boots much of the time and I get my money's worth out of them, which my wife claims, shortens the life span of a pair of boots or shoes. She believes that alternating between tow or more pair of shoes/boots greatly increases their life span.

I have other pairs of "dress" boots that I wear when we're going out, "snow" boots for cleaning snow or when it's really nasty or cold, so I think I'm covered.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Do you have a link to those boots? I couldn't find them. I think you should get the Axel boots from HD....look like Mad Max....lol

I like my Xelement boots. Logger style with the zipper on the side. Comfortable, but I wish they were a bit easier to get off. I've got to untie them, loosen the laces, and unzip them. I do have big calves and feet though, so that might be it.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:45 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Red Wing boots has been my boot of choice for yrs..

Old 02-25-2015, 10:47 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Boots

I am also a fan of Red Wing boots and currently have a pair of 6" 607 boots. They are probably the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

Ariat for me. Comfortable on the job and while riding. I really like the work hog boots, I currently have quick draws but the sole doesn't have the cushion that the work hogs do, so walking around campus for school they hurt the ***** of my feet at the end of the day (hot spots on the ***** of my feet) but at work they're fine since I'm not walking on pavement. Never had that problem with the workhogs, so ill switch back when this pair wears out. I prefer the cow boy slip on style as they're quick for me an hold up on the job and comfortable while riding, I hop off the bike and get right to work ranching.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

In the years that I've been riding, I've gone through so many types of boots. Some were to tight or to heavy or didn't give enough support.

Believe it or not, I wear a steel toe boot from Walmart made by Brahma and I absolutely love them and I paid $22.00 for it close to 2 years ago.

Check out this Youtube video review of them. Again, my version is the steel toe which is not in the video review.

Quick Reply: Favorite Boots