General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long winded old guys post....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Long winded old guys post....

Hey folks, I haven't done a lot of posting recently here, mainly because I've been concentrating on getting my ducks in a row for retirement. I'm kinda a jack of all trades. Done a lot of different things in my life and never really planned for this day. Spent a lot of time in commission sales and made and pissed away more money than I care to admit too. Eighteen years ago I decided I needed something to count on so I went to work for a school district as a custodian. I like tinkering and problem solving so it seemed like a good fit. For the most part, I've enjoyed it and am now with in 3 months of being done. It's been very hard on my body. I'm only 63 but want to get out while I can still enjoy some riding. I have enjoyed being a part of this community for a long time and will continue to do so. But I want to tell you all, based on my observations.... this country is in a world of ****. We have generation upon generation of young people that think they are special and should have everything handed to them. No manners, no work ethic, no appreciation for the opportunities that are given to them, only take, take, take. Our whole mind set in this country is effed up. If we don't get back to honor, integrity, belief in right and wrong, we are doomed! We will not only be an easy target... but an easy conquest as well. I'm going to hang around, ride and hope I see hints of turning this nation around. If not.... I'll just ride off into the sunset and let you sleep in the bed you've made. Nuff said... Geezer

Old 02-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

There are a lot of good kids too. More of them than the bad ones. We ain't doomed....

Old 02-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Where I live, we have a 53% drop out rate. I'd say it 's gonna go either way. lol

Old 02-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,969 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Nothing new here. Here is what Socrates said 2500 years ago. EVERY generation thinks that about the younger generation.

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

― Socrates
Other than that, glad to hear you have made it to retirement age. I'm 69 and retired now and ride the bike a lot more then when I was working. I do several long road trips each summer and will ride the high mountain passes of Colorado this summer. We'll also do a side trip to Sturgis for a couple of days but the main purpose of this ride is to explore Colorado for about a week. I hope you retirement riding is good.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

have to agree with Geezer2's observations ..... I hope he finds happiness in retirement

Old 02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks Fatboy1389... don't get me wrong, I'm very happy. Been married to the love of my life for 36 years, have three grown responsible and honorable children and seven grandchildren that are all doing good. They are what gives me hope and keeps a smile on my face.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:32 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer2
If not.... I'll just ride off into the sunset and let you sleep in the bed you've made. Nuff said... Geezer
Weren't you part of the you you write of ? At any rate, happy trails to you.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sucherman
Weren't you part of the you you write of ? At any rate, happy trails to you.
Nope, I'm known as "Cranky Franky" at work because I constantly push admins to enforce the rules that they create. They seem to think that all they have to do is tell youngsters what the rules are without reinforcing them with consequences! They like the $100,000 paycheck but don't like having to work for it.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:51 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer2
Nope, I'm known as "Cranky Franky" at work because I constantly push admins to enforce the rules that they create. They seem to think that all they have to do is tell youngsters what the rules are without reinforcing them with consequences! They like the $100,000 paycheck but don't like having to work for it.
My Wife is a science teacher turned counselor who has always worked title 1 schools,(over twenty years), who has been a thorn in the boards butt the whole time. She's in the largest district in the state, one of the largest in the nation, and has been in trouble with management more times than I can count. She was even arrested once, in school, by the resource officer for assault. Her current main bitch these days is the custodial staff and their inability to keep a clean building while they park their butts in the break room and watch videos. I could go on for days but you get the picture and I get yours. I too feel as though we're all on a runaway train and the bridge up the track is down.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:04 PM
RickDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you enjoy your retirement Geezer2. I work in a school system and see what you see.

Quick Reply: Long winded old guys post....