General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you ride in California, you need to send an email

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:34 AM
MrsBarlow
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default If you ride in California, you need to send an email

AB334, which is a motorcyclist anti-profiling bill goes to vote tomorrow.

https://www.govtrack.us/states/ca/bi...073b93e9/ab334

In San Diego, the San Diego Sheriffs Gang Task Force has started waiting outside of motorcycle events and using traffic enforcement as a reason to gather information and profile riders, sometimes holding riders for up to 2 hours.

It's too late to send letters and faxes, but it's not too late to send emails. Let's fill up their in-boxes.

http://apsf.assembly.ca.gov/membersstaff

Old 03-23-2015, 12:28 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

if it stops profiling I hope it passes. It'll only work if it has some teeth in it though...

Old 03-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

I live and ride in California. I'm not worried about it. Never had any problem with the cops while riding. Well I did get stopped for passing on a double yellow once, but he let me go with a warning.... What is the problem?

Old 03-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

What's the problem? Well, it's still happening, that's the problem... Just cuz hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it's not goin on. Geez!

I sent my support letter, you bet your ***!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Thank you MrsBarlow for posting this. It's a known problem. This from the AMA:

Attached Thumbnails If you ride in California, you need to send an email-letter-11050816_10205346081784878_9125587240286896947_o.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

It's a stupid bill. I, at least, read it. All it requires is additional training to include motorcycle clubs in profiling training and mandates the state to reimburse police departments for the training. That means it will be paid for by tax dollars that California doesn't have. It isn't going to change anything.

Hey, if you want to wear an outlaw patch then be able to deal with what comes with it. What did any 3PP ever do for me? All they do is give me **** on this forum. I have no sympathy for you.

Any cop pulls me over, I will answer his questions and be on my way, not like the idiot in that video.

Last edited by Mountain Cruiser; 03-23-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 PM
MrsBarlow
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
It's a stupid bill. I, at least, read it. All it requires is additional training to include motorcycle clubs in profiling training and mandates the state to reimburse police departments for the training. That means it will be paid for by tax dollars that California doesn't have. Ain't nothing going to change anything.

Hey, if you want to wear an outlaw patch then be able to deal with what comes with it. What did any 3PP ever do for me? All they do is give me **** on this forum. I have no sympathy for you.

Any cop pulls me over, I will answer his questions and be on my way, not like the idiot in that video.
#1 - Washington state just passed a similar bill and found the cost to negligible.

#2 It's not just happening to outlaw clubs. We have video from people wearing 1 piece patches and from people that have no club affiliation what so ever.

# 3 - Answering the questions from the Gang Task Force here in San Diego didn't just get you on your way. Even a cooperative person was stopped for almost two hours.

#4 - The lack of sympathy for me....I'm not a 1% biker, I'm not male, I'm not affiliated with any club or riding group...but I'm still their target because I ride a motorcycle. History has proven that turning a blind eye to injustice because it doesn't effect you leads to bigger problems...which will ultimately effect you. Sometimes you need to look past the end of your own nose.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said Mrs Barlow. Hoping this passes.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:37 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
It's a stupid bill. I, at least, read it. All it requires is additional training to include motorcycle clubs in profiling training and mandates the state to reimburse police departments for the training. That means it will be paid for by tax dollars that California doesn't have. It isn't going to change anything.

Are you serious ? I've never worn a patch or any thing else on a coat or vest and I've been in cali. since 1988 and on a fair guess 2/3 the stops I've had over the years the ******** always ask what club do you belong to. Saying none usually got my arms inspected for tattoos and I've had numerous road side photos taken so they can get me into their big old club binder they carry around in the trunk which is funny since I've avoided any kind of club affiliations since I've been out here. Profiling plain and simple........

Damn few LEO have a clue when it comes to riders, most treat everybody as a clubber and when you think about with all the **** people wear proclaiming everything under the sun it's understandable to a point. They NEED proper training so they understand the difference between a real 3 pc and a HOG patch......

Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by MrsBarlow
.....We have video from people wearing 1 piece patches and from people that have no club affiliation what so ever.

.....Even a cooperative person was stopped for almost two hours.
Do you have a link to the video? What was the basis of the detention?

Quick Reply: If you ride in California, you need to send an email