General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Capable HD mechanics in Cambridge MN?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 02:07 PM
mccruise
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Capable HD mechanics in Cambridge MN?

Hi,

Does anyone know of - or recommend - any HD mechanics or shops in the Cambridge, Minnesota area? It is always hard to tell when you have just started riding again, who is fair in pricing and capable and knowledgeable in their work.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony

Old 10-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Yep...They are right over in Zimmerman...Name of the shop is Those Dyno Guys. 763-633-2925 tell them Scott sent ya'...

My bike is in their shop now.

Last edited by Coolaid; 10-09-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:06 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of work are you looking to have done? Routine maint., serious engine building where machine shop work and head porting is involved?
Been to the boys in Zim City. Looked at their shop & I would consider them for an engine build. Clean shop. Young guys, but we all where once. They work on 4 wheelers and the like also. I'd consider them for a winter machine work build. I'd also consider others too.
Tim Wolff is Wolff Perf. Head Service. He is about 8 miles north of Zim and that much closer to Cambridge. South side of Princeton and west of 169 behind Marv's Home Center. Wrenched at Zylstra H-D in Elk River for years and is still buddies with guys in their service dept. More of an old time bike shop and only motorcycles. Gave me solid advice on pipe selection for my bagger. I'd also consider him and he will likely redo the heads on my shovel.
There are other places close to Cambridge like Anoka Co, with a bunch of shops.
There is also reputed to be a guy off the Stark Rd. that is really good but only takes referral new customers. The story I have heard is he is ex A/P mech and very attention to detail. I know a guy who uses him and swears he can fix anything.
I pretty much do my own work or I'm not the best person to ask, or maybe because of that I am. Feel free to PM if you want more.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:19 AM
mccruise
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I just found these replies after posting back in November on behalf of a customer of ours.