General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF - V-Twin Goodies / USPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default WTF - V-Twin Goodies / USPS

I ordered some floorboard extenders from V-Twin Goodies and they sent me an email stating package was shipped on the 24th under priority mail (1-3 days). USPS tracking showed I was to receive on Monday 28th. But, they did not show and mailman knew nothing about it. I checked tracking and it still said delivery was expected on the 28th. This morning I checked again and saw that my package was shipped from Idaho to Anchorage Alaska (I live in Florida). Shipment left Alaska at noon local and I'm not being given a new delivery date.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,432 Likes on 21,388 Posts

Yeah, USPS is like that. I just received a pistol holster the other day that was mailed the 1st of December, even though the tracking showed that I had already gotten it.
I was scratching my head...

Old 12-29-2015, 04:55 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

I have got to ask.Why are you telling us about your USPS delivery problems.They have a web site to log your complaint on and believe it or not they will get back with you on delayed deliveries.Most packages this time of year do not arrive on schedule.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

It's that time of the year.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nasty weather, combined with the Christmas rush screws it up big time.

FedEx even has their employees working Christmas day, and still lots of packages did not make it under the tree.

This is also the time of year that thieves follow around the UPS trucks and swipe packages just left at the door.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:48 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarz
I ordered some floorboard extenders from V-Twin Goodies and they sent me an email stating package was shipped on the 24th under priority mail (1-3 days). USPS tracking showed I was to receive on Monday 28th. But, they did not show and mailman knew nothing about it. I checked tracking and it still said delivery was expected on the 28th. This morning I checked again and saw that my package was shipped from Idaho to Anchorage Alaska (I live in Florida). Shipment left Alaska at noon local and I'm not being given a new delivery date.

Now thats funny -- I say that because, I just had a package shipped from Meridian, ID. I was supposed to receive last Tuesday (12/22) I had the tracking number. It arrived at our main post office on the 21st and was supposedly sent to our satellite post office for delivery on the 22nd. It didn't come, so I checked tracking and found it was shipped to Middleton, ID -- and we didn't get the package until yesterday 12/28. We are looking at getting the shipping cost refunded -- it was 3 day priority.

With that said -- I had a similar problem with UPS on a shipment from illinois, it part way here and then routed to Alaska.

In both instances, the addresses were clearly legible.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:49 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

But I want it now! Now! Now! Now!

Old 12-29-2015, 07:51 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Happened to me earlier this year.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:54 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes I know we are just talking about some motorcycle or other non essential items. But what if these would have been medicaitons that a person needed. Yes they could have gone to the local pharmacy, but look at it this way some of the insurance companies want you to use their mail order prescription services and it can save you big bucks -- like getting a 3 month supply for the cost of 1 month. They control when its sent out -- so you should be getting it just before you have used the last of the current supply.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:13 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Priority mail is not a guaranteed time service. They say they will try to get it there within 3 days, but it's not guaranteed. You do understand that it's the Christmas season and they are swamped, right?

Quick Reply: WTF - V-Twin Goodies / USPS