General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery 2015 FLHXS

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 05:45 PM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Battery 2015 FLHXS

Hi, bought bike September 30, 2015 from a Dealer about 250 miles from me . No one would deal , saved $4,100. off Factory Retail !!!
Sure I loaded it up with extras but , still got a real good deal. Had battery on charge with battery tender , battery deader-then dead. Took battery out to dealer local, where I live, and if you did not buy it here , we can't do any Warranty , because you did not buy bike here. Now don't get me Wrong , I am not mad , disappointed, but not mad. I know the Owner he is a tight a_s , I think it is wrong but , it is what it is . He has 2015 bikes still on his floor with $1,500. Off his over priced bike prices. Nice guy but would not buy a bike from him . My son and I was buying parts but not sure anymore. Might have a rode trip back to Southside Harley , where they sold over 700 New Bike 2015 Calendar Year. That Speaks for them and the Deals they do. Service is great every time I go there . They remember me every time, Sales ,Parts,and Service people are great there. And the Sea Food is Great down there Also !!!

Old 01-31-2016, 05:58 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

I bought two bikes recently from a dealer about 60 miles away. My local dealer is only 10 miles away, but the other dealer has been better from both a sales and service standpoint. I still go to the local dealer and buy parts though. The salesman at the local dealer has given me a little **** for not buying from him, but nothing too bad. They make enough off me buying parts ( as well as the wife buying crap) that they should still treat me well, and they do. I would remind them that you are still a customer, even though you bought your bike elsewhere.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:01 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

You bought a brand new bike in which you saved $4,500 and your upset over a $100 battery - geez and I thought I was having a bad day...........

Old 01-31-2016, 06:48 PM
IRONHORSE I
Tourer
Received 659 Likes on 169 Posts

I have a hard time believing that.
I thought a Harley dealer HAD to honor a warranty claim on a Harley Davidson product.

Keep in mind that batteries, brake pads, tires, are all wear and tear items. Not sure what Harley's policy is on batts. Maybe you should reach out to them (moco) directly. I know part of the positive about owning a Harley is the dealer network. If you are traveling you can pretty much always find a dealer close by should you have trouble. If dealers only honored Harley's warranty on bike's only they sold- I am pretty sure people wouldn't put up with that.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
You bought a brand new bike in which you saved $4,500 and your upset over a $100 battery - geez and I thought I was having a bad day...........
he said he was't mad.... but i can tell you this, if i bought a bike 5 months ago and the battery was dead, i would be trying to get a new one under warranty as well.

according to the p&a site, the hd batteries have a 1 year warranty on them. there is no reason why your 'local' dealer shouldn't handle the warranty claim. i would tell him that his reluctance to do so is one reason why i would't buy from him in the first place.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Batterys

Originally Posted by IRONHORSE I
I have a hard time believing that.
I thought a Harley dealer HAD to honor a warranty claim on a Harley Davidson product.

Keep in mind that batteries, brake pads, tires, are all wear and tear items. Not sure what Harley's policy is on batts. Maybe you should reach out to them (moco) directly. I know part of the positive about owning a Harley is the dealer network. If you are traveling you can pretty much always find a dealer close by should you have trouble. If dealers only honored Harley's warranty on bike's only they sold- I am pretty sure people wouldn't put up with that.
New bikes 2 years ! From the date of sale. I kinda expected that for Them Whitt's H.D. I did not go to service department though. They are closed on Sunday , (service is). Parts said nope. It's OK !!! Parts guy said they only sold about 40 new bikes last year, they do sell lots of used one's. The dealer I bought mine from Sold over 700 bikes by the Middle of December, from January till then , someone, chimed in and said the batterys are $100. Nope, but if Harley is not going to warranty 3-4 month old battery what else would they do ! The dealer where I bought it , said he would meet me in Richmond, to do warranty there , I live in Manassas. That's just the kind of dealer they are. Road Trip , and Some Good old Seafood while in Va. Beach , Yea Southside Harley Davidson !!!

Old 02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I would also try my best to get a new battery under warranty, but I also know that it takes just one deep discharge event to permanently damage a battery - a hard one to prove either way that this did or did not happen - who is the burden of proof on?

Old 02-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

A bike that is close to you is worth more than a bike that is far from you.

When getting prices, it not unusual to get the best prices from a dealer the furthest away.

They know that the only reason you might buy from them is price, and that they most probably will never need to deal with you again for service, so they are willing to make a skinny margin.

Your local dealer knows you will be there complaining about every little thing, because it is easy for you. They will get stuck with all the marginally profitable warranty work, will need to support the local HOG chapter, will need to offer you free coffee, waiting room, magazines, bike nights, free weekend music and food...cost them more than just selling out of state. Gives the far away dealer a reason to offer a skinny deal.

Seems to be natural that a dealership will be more inclined to support those that support him. Out of state buyers go to the back of the line.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
Seems to be natural that a dealership will be more inclined to support those that support him. Out of state buyers go to the back of the line.
either way it's bs. but his dealer didn't send him to the back of the line, he kicked him completely out of it!

Old 02-01-2016, 05:09 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
A bike that is close to you is worth more than a bike that is far from you.

When getting prices, it not unusual to get the best prices from a dealer the furthest away.

They know that the only reason you might buy from them is price, and that they most probably will never need to deal with you again for service, so they are willing to make a skinny margin.

Your local dealer knows you will be there complaining about every little thing, because it is easy for you. They will get stuck with all the marginally profitable warranty work, will need to support the local HOG chapter, will need to offer you free coffee, waiting room, magazines, bike nights, free weekend music and food...cost them more than just selling out of state. Gives the far away dealer a reason to offer a skinny deal.

Quick Reply: Battery 2015 FLHXS