General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 07:15 PM
HDdanv
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Exhaust

Whats the best way to go about trying to pick up an aftermarket exhaust for my 2014 street bob in California, because of all the restrictions and stuff.

Thanks

Old 04-02-2016, 07:44 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

You need to find a company that will sell to you, or buy out of state. You will also need to install it yourself, or find a shop willing to do it.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Lots of used exhaust stuff available. No problems when buying from a private party.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

You can always have an out-of-state relative or buddy buy it and then ship it to you, bring it to you, or wait for you to come and pick it up.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:53 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,274 Likes on 11,144 Posts

Based upon the quantity of apparent non-EPA compliant exhaust in Ca. There must be an easier way than buying out of state... Says the guy with full Vance and Hines installed while living in Oregon.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:58 PM
HDdanv
Intermediate

Thanks for all the help, I guess ill be on the search for a seller that is willing to ship to CA.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:02 AM
HDdanv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Based upon the quantity of apparent non-EPA compliant exhaust in Ca. There must be an easier way than buying out of state... Says the guy with full Vance and Hines installed while living in Oregon.
You would think with all the exhaust companies that reside in CA (ie. Vance and Hines) that they would be able to figure out a way to sell their own products to the people that share their state or make something that falls into the states regulations, even if they would be a POS in comparison to other exhaust systems.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Call d & d exhaust. I ordered a kickass Pipe and had it at my door in less than a week from Texas. No problem at all.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:49 AM
nannynooch
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is relevant to my concerns I have RnS loud AF exhaust on my bike. Fine in Korea but I'm keeping the stock pipes just in case I have to get hooked up for "smog check" when I bring it home to CA after retirement. I also have the baffle in the RnS, does anybody know if I will be hassled?

Old 04-03-2016, 01:25 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by nannynooch
This is relevant to my concerns I have RnS loud AF exhaust on my bike. Fine in Korea but I'm keeping the stock pipes just in case I have to get hooked up for "smog check" when I bring it home to CA after retirement. I also have the baffle in the RnS, does anybody know if I will be hassled?
You'll have to have the bike inspected by the CHP before they will issue tags so I do suggest you do a little research in whatever area you'll be moving to about what inspection stations are bike friendly and which are not, not all play far and some can be real hardass about trivial stuff loud pipes in particular so do what you can to quiet them before hand. Smog checks are not an issue yet.

The following users liked this post:
nannynooch (04-03-2016)

Quick Reply: California Exhaust