General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barn find potluck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,759 Likes on 6,200 Posts

Far be it from me to throw gas on a fire, but have you considered it could be an Indian in-line four, or perhaps an old Vincent Black Shadow?
Nah...that never happens.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:39 PM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Can't wait
Excited for you

Old 04-16-2016, 06:05 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

While we are waiting to find out what the barn has for the OP I will share a find my son picked up yesterday.

A few months ago he ran across an Amen Savior frame that he set back for an upcoming build, he is ready to start the project and was on the hunt for a Pahhead to drop into it. Last weekend the uncle of his painter was in the shop and told him about a Pahhead he ran across 5 years ago under a tarp behind a house in a small town in the MS Delta. All he could remember was the main road the house was off, that it was an old 2 story home, and the guy was an old hippy and he had lots of Junk in the yard. My son using Google earth set out to find an old two story house in that area but could not narrow it down. Since its a small farming town he figured he would call the local feed and seed to see if they may know the "old hippy dude"

The folks at the feed store knew right off who he was likely talking about but only knew the guy by his nic name (Tank) but knew the exact road he lived off of. Using that info my son was able to narrow down the house on Google earth and spotted what appeared to be a tarp over something in the back.

He then took off on the 1.5 hour goose chase to see if he could actually find the old Panhead, and he did. The old guy used to ride in the day and had put this bike under a tarp 7 years ago and never got around to doing anything with it. Turned out to be a 52 Pan motor and tranny in a 76 frame

My son and "Tank" made a deal that both were happy with and started the project of getting the old bike out of the weeds. Before my son could get it on the trailer "Tank" came up to him with a quivering voice and asked if my Son could get one last picture of him on his last HD. My son was more than happy to do that, he plans to enlarge the pic and frame one for his shop and travel back to the Delta to give the other to Tank. One day soon that 64 year old Pan will be once again rumbling down the highways

The following 8 users liked this post by Mxdad:
2whlr4life (04-16-2016), HardRider1 (04-16-2016), John Hyatt (04-19-2016), larry bart (04-17-2016), LoneWoolf (04-16-2016), MajorKG (04-17-2016), mikedanben (04-18-2016), Scumbag_72 (04-20-2016) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-16-2016, 06:49 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,144 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Cool story MX....and neat pics.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:11 AM
TomB.
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:15 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,416 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Arrow Love that story!

Originally Posted by Mxdad
While we are waiting to find out what the barn has for the OP I will share a find my son picked up yesterday.

A few months ago he ran across an Amen Savior frame that he set back for an upcoming build, he is ready to start the project and was on the hunt for a Pahhead to drop into it. Last weekend the uncle of his painter was in the shop and told him about a Pahhead he ran across 5 years ago under a tarp behind a house in a small town in the MS Delta. All he could remember was the main road the house was off, that it was an old 2 story home, and the guy was an old hippy and he had lots of Junk in the yard. My son using Google earth set out to find an old two story house in that area but could not narrow it down. Since its a small farming town he figured he would call the local feed and seed to see if they may know the "old hippy dude"

The folks at the feed store knew right off who he was likely talking about but only knew the guy by his nic name (Tank) but knew the exact road he lived off of. Using that info my son was able to narrow down the house on Google earth and spotted what appeared to be a tarp over something in the back.

He then took off on the 1.5 hour goose chase to see if he could actually find the old Panhead, and he did. The old guy used to ride in the day and had put this bike under a tarp 7 years ago and never got around to doing anything with it. Turned out to be a 52 Pan motor and tranny in a 76 frame

My son and "Tank" made a deal that both were happy with and started the project of getting the old bike out of the weeds. Before my son could get it on the trailer "Tank" came up to him with a quivering voice and asked if my Son could get one last picture of him on his last HD. My son was more than happy to do that, he plans to enlarge the pic and frame one for his shop and travel back to the Delta to give the other to Tank. One day soon that 64 year old Pan will be once again rumbling down the highways

It gives all of us looking for a 'barn story' of our own hope. If it were mine, I would take the Panhead back to the Hippy once it's done for one more picture of him on the bike.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:27 AM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2whlr4life
It gives all of us looking for a 'barn story' of our own hope. If it were mine, I would take the Panhead back to the Hippy once it's done for one more picture of him on the bike.
I would let him take it for a ride too !

Old 04-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad

Great story! Cool bike!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:35 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Great Story. make sure you post up finished bike pics down the road.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:41 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Now that is a great story and told very well, thanks for that you made my Saturday morning.

Last edited by HardRider1; 04-16-2016 at 10:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mxdad (04-16-2016)

Quick Reply: Barn find potluck