General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you use S100

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you use S100

I just bought some on the advice of an old Harley wrench. Said it's great, but I'm not sure of what or how it is used. Engine?, chrome? What do you guys think of it and what is your proceedure? Is it good for white walls? If not what is?
Marsh

Old 09-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you use S100

just rinse your bike down and spray it everywhere let it sit 5-10 minutes and then hose it off
it is that simple I spray it on everything but do remember it will actully take the greese out of your bearings it is that powerfull and works that great !

Old 09-22-2007, 12:28 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I spray it on the finish ---

Wait a minute... What are we talking about here? The detailing spray? Something else? They make an awful lot of stuff...

Old 09-22-2007, 12:28 AM
marcss
Road Captain

When my bike is really dirty or has really dirty areas I wet and spray those areas like a front wheel/spokes, brush a litlle, then rinse. Just don't let it dry on the bike. The really dirty areas don't come all the way clean for me with just spraying, soaking a little, and rinsing. Of course, if you don't let it get really dirty then it would probably work fine that way. I think some others do it that way also.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:34 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2biggies I have learned using S100.

#1 Make sure bike is cool, even if just sitting in sun I always start with a cold water rinse down.

#2 After you spray whole bike (everything, no exceptions) let it sit a few min. then use a high pressure washer with cold water and don't be shy with how much you use. Seems the more water to make sure everything is off.

Then your looking at drying your bike and a quick touch up on chrome and your riding. All total time 1 hour to do what looks like about 8.

They also make a Chrome soap, easy to use but be carful what you get it on.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:09 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: geno3j

2biggies I have learned using S100.

#1 Make sure bike is cool, even if just sitting in sun I always start with a cold water rinse down.

#2 After you spray whole bike (everything, no exceptions) let it sit a few min. then use a high pressure washer with cold water and don't be shy with how much you use. Seems the more water to make sure everything is off.

Then your looking at drying your bike and a quick touch up on chrome and your riding. All total time 1 hour to do what looks like about 8.

They also make a Chrome soap, easy to use but be carful what you get it on.
If you're going to use a high pressue rinse, why not just go to the do-it-yourself car wash and use 3 or 4 minutes to wash your bike (keeping high pressure away from axles and instruments) and maybe 10 minutes to dry???

Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

I've been using S100 for about 20 plus years it's outstanding.I really only use it from maybe the engine down. As stated before make sure bike is cool, in the shade if possible.Try it you'll like it! Ride Safe Jrsess

[IMG]local://upfiles/41068/F361C99B46754D37990D51BA7C2844D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-22-2007, 06:56 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just be sure not to leave any residue on polished aluminum surfaces like rocker box covers. It will etch the surface at the edge of any water line and takes a lot of polishing to get out. Great stuff though,just don't spray it anywhere you can't blast it off with a strong stream of water.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

I would only use it on the engine and lower parts of the bike and flood those areas with a lot of water, not a pressure cleaner or real high pressure. If I use S100 I hit those areas first then rinse and wash the whole bike. The problem with S100 is that it will stain if not rinsed away.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:24 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I use it all over my bike. I don't use a high pressure washer, because it, along with S100, will strip valuable grease from areas you don't want it to. I spray my bike down, wait a minute or two, and rinse with a good strong water hose. When I think I have rinsed enough, I rinse it again, and then again to make sure. I use a regular leaf blower and dry my bike. You can pick one up at a local pawn for about 10-20 dollars. It drys the bike completely with not water spots. I almost don't even need to polish the chrome.... just a little.

Quick Reply: How do you use S100