General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Biker's Christmas poem-you gotta read this.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:53 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Biker's Christmas poem-you gotta read this.

This was sent to me from a good friend............................................ ......

Twas the night before christmas, and all round the pad, there was nada happenin, and that's nowhere dad. The stove was dressed out in that stocking routine, In hopes that theRoadking would soon make the scene.
With our bellies all stuffed full of taco's and beer, me and the bride hit the couch for some cheer, When out in tha yard there arose a racket, I ran for the door pullin on my jacket.
I saw this old geezer on a 57' pan, wearin boots and black leather, a real biker man. His eyes how they twinkled under eyebrows so thick, I knew right away it must be saint nick!
"Scuse me, Brother," his voice how it rumbled down low, " Have you got some spare wrenches? My scooter wont go" " I was flying" along when she started to get hot, then she sputtered and coughed, and died on the spot."
That bike was all covered with stuffed leather bags, holding brightly wrapped presents with ribbons and tags. Saint Nick he was frantic, his face wore a frown. " The children are waiting. I cant let them down!"
I said, "Wheel it in , man! We'll get that pan tickin! we've got leftover tacos, if you dont mind chicken." "If we cant get in running in an hour or so , you can borrow MY bike--Just load it and go!"
So We pushed it on in and unhitched the load, I could fix what was busted and he'd be back on the road. As I puzzled and muttered over the righteous ride, he scuffed on the doormat and went on inside.
He was back in a flash, taco's piled on his plate, and a glass of skim milk that he sipped as he ate. " It started to clatter," he said round a bite, " It started to miss, then it just quit outright."
"It's just been rebuilt from the frame up this year, But I guess its a good thing that I broke down right here. From the looks of the sleds that are lined up out back, youre the man with the skill to put me back on track!"
"youre good to go now" I said, wiping my hands, "its was a quick fix, you can get on with your plans. A plug wire got snagged and pulled off, dont you see, so when you get on , be carefull where you put your knee."
We put the bags on and he zipped up his jacket, then he kicked it to life with a rumble-- not a racket. He settled his cap and said, " Say, would you mind--- If I road test this pig, to make sure that she's fine?"
Flames shot from the pipes as he sped down the street, then back he came and the bike sounded sweet. He pulled up on the bars on that pan hung with sacks, and that bike hit the roof like it was running on tracks!
I couldnt help staring as he shifted the tranny, but I had to go in---I was freezing my fanny. When down through the chimney he fell with a crash, and out of the woodstove he came dragging his stash.
With a twinkling eye, he passed out the loot, a new jacket for her and some parts for my scoot. He patted her on the cheek and then shook my hand, spun on his heel and up the stovepipe he ran.
From up on the roof came a great peal of thunder, as that mighty V-Twin tore the sileance asunder. As he roared into the night , he waved and he cried,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

TOOLBOX & TAFFY from Oklahoma say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: A Biker's Christmas poem-you gotta read this.

Good one. Merry Christmas to you bro and all the rest.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:41 AM
toolbox
Road Master

Thanks for the reply....I thought it was good enough to share with all you. Its just another cool tread to post I thought. Agian, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
TOOLBOX & TAFFY

Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

yep, 'tis the season, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. and may Cpt Morgan be kind to yu all!!!

Old 12-22-2006, 09:52 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

Good one - Panhead the v-Twin Reindeer!!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

TOO funny

Old 12-22-2006, 11:28 AM
GeezerGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clever - I shared it with some friends and family. Thanks for the post, and Happy Holidays to all!

Old 12-23-2006, 11:30 PM
toolbox
Road Master

TTT