General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enterprise Testing Renting Harleys in Vegas. Good? Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enterprise Testing Renting Harleys in Vegas. Good? Bad?

Just posted this over on the Blog. I guess the best answer is probably "depends."

From a business standpoint, I think it makes sense to have a brief bike safety practical to make sure you're not handing an SOA wanna a death certificate, but I don't know if that's part of the deal... Do the other Harley rental places do that?

Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I thought it was an okay idea on the first thread about this.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,883 Likes on 1,493 Posts

They are supposed to.

But it rarely happens.

Competition in the rental market is a good thing.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I thought it was an okay idea on the first thread about this.
Oops. Missed the first one. Mods, please feel free to move/delete this one. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:52 PM
LADJ
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in Vegas over the summer and wouldn't have minded having one of these but I know I wouldn't be able to since I didn't have a license yet. Good to know either way.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't swing a leg over a rental bike from Enterprise if it had a magical GPS on it that would lead me to the cure for cancer.

**** Enterprise, and **** the idea of them renting bikes.

Enterprise is a terrible, predatory company that abuses its own employees and teaches their employees to misinform the customer to trick them into buying bullshit insurance that will produce denied claims when you actually try to use it.

Never ever.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I wouldn't swing a leg over a rental bike from Enterprise if it had a magical GPS on it that would lead me to the cure for cancer.

Enterprise is a terrible, predatory company that abuses its own employees and teaches their employees to misinform the customer to trick them into buying bullshit insurance that will produce denied claims when you actually try to use it.

Never ever.

I have rented many of car from Enterprise, never been pushed the Insurance and have never taken it.
If they rent Harleys and don't ask for the OUTRAGISH 2k deposit like HD does I bet they will do great.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:55 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,809 Likes on 2,126 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19

Never ever.
I can't help thinking your an unhappy ex employee 9x19.I try and rent from them before others when the need arises. Never had a problem with them. Granted I would have to see their rental prep but being in Vegas a dealer or indy would most likely be used.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
I can't help thinking your an unhappy ex employee 9x19.I try and rent from them before others when the need arises. Never had a problem with them. Granted I would have to see their rental prep but being in Vegas a dealer or indy would most likely be used.
Absolutely not. Have never been an employee of any rental car agency, but I am friends with a guy who worked for ONE summer for Enterprise and he told me a LOT about the dirty training they are put through. Pushing insurance, doing a very quick outgoing inspection and a very detailed incoming inspection, resetting CEL lights just before delivery unless the car was practically smoking, etc...

In fact, I have rented from them many times before I found out how dirty they are.

This research took 10 seconds:

800 reviews, 1.2 stars out of 5
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/enterprise.html

555 complaints, total customer loss fo $170,244:
http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...ar-rental.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterp...-REBUTTAL-4638

Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Business practices aside, I'd not rent a Harley from Enterprise. They have no clue how to maintain them, being the primary reason. I posted on here a while back about what I came to know about how Harley dealers maintain their rentals....at least the dealers around here. They take top notch care of them so that renters become buyers. Enterprise has no such motivation. I only rented a car from them once, and I was not impressed with the condition of it.

Quick Reply: Enterprise Testing Renting Harleys in Vegas. Good? Bad?