General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(HELP) '07 Night Train; Looking at buying & ad says High Performance Programmer......

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
JUZ4TWO
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow (HELP) '07 Night Train; Looking at buying & ad says High Performance Programmer......

Bike is a '07 Night Train, Vance & Hines pipes, aftermarket air cleaner setup with HD "1" on it. Says it has a High Performance Programmer, but doesn't reference which one/kind. When I called and spoke to him about the bike I forgot to ask about WHICH high performance programmer the bike has. He is the 3rd owner of the bike and has only put 1,000 mi on the bike in 3-yrs. He's got a job that sucks up a lot of hours so he didn't ride it much.

Should he have some software or programmer that should come with the bike depending on what it is using?

What if he doesn't have the software or doesn't know which programmer, etc. Could that be an issue I should be worried about before making the purchase?

What are some questions I should be asking him about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 AM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

If he has used a tuning device such as the Sreamn Eagle or the TTS Mastertune, ....... then the device would be married to that bike, so not much use to him.
If you don't receive the device you can still buy one of them yourself and download maps to the ECU.
You can download off the internet any software applications and map files.

If it's the piggy-back type, then he would need to leave that connected, .... but if he doesn't it means that you'll need to go out and buy one of your choice.

I prefer the tuning devices that don't remain connected.

When I bought my NT it had the V&H pipes without the O2 sensor ports and the electrical connectors left tucked away - the previous owner might have had some tuner remap the ECU but I didn't know to ask him at that time.
Anyway, I bought new V&H pipes , O2 sensors and the TTS Mastertune and very happy with the setup and the way the NT is running.

If the V&H pipes he has on it don't have the O2 sensors, then it must have one of the piggy-back tuners attached, so check with him regarding the V&H and O2 sensors.

Last edited by 1004ron; 03-02-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM
JUZ4TWO
Intermediate
Arrow

Originally Posted by 1004ron
If he has used a tuning device such as the Sreamn Eagle or the TTS Mastertune, ....... then the device would be married to that bike, so not much use to him.
If you don't receive the device you can still buy one of them yourself and download maps to the ECU.
You can download off the internet any software applications and map files.

If it's the piggy-back type, then he would need to leave that connected, .... but if he doesn't it means that you'll need to go out and buy one of your choice.

I prefer the tuning devices that don't remain connected.

When I bought my NT it had the V&H pipes without the O2 sensor ports and the electrical connectors left tucked away - the previous owner might have had some tuner remap the ECU but I didn't know too ask him at that time.
Anyway, I bought new V&H pipes , O2 sensors and the TTS Mastertune and very happy with the setup and the way the NT is running.

If the V&H pipes he has on it don't have the O2 sensors, then it must have one of the piggy-back tuners attached, so check with him regarding the V&H and O2 sensors.
1004ron,

Thanks a lot for the info and WILL DO. I kinda figured as such, but I just wanted to make sure and ask questions beforehand. Really appreciate the fast response man! BTW, that's a beautiful '08 you have!

Old 03-02-2014, 03:42 PM
JUZ4TWO
Intermediate

(UPDATE) I spoke to him. Its a DynoJet Power Commander III. Does not have any paperwork or software disc.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:58 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JUZ4TWO
(UPDATE) I spoke to him. Its a DynoJet Power Commander III. Does not have any paperwork or software disc.
Easy enough to find the manuals and software, follow this link and you'll find what you need: http://dynojet.com/

PC III USB is a piggyback device that plugs into the ECU on the bike, you tune it with maps you can up upload from your laptop once you have the program installed.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One more thing, make a complete list of all of the equipment on the bike and take a look at their on-line set of maps, you may find one closer to what you have than the one currently loaded into the PC III. If the bike runs well with the currently loaded map, you may want to leave it alone.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:50 AM
JUZ4TWO
Intermediate

DGlide04,

Thank you very much for the help and info! Will do!