General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Therapy

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Dealership Therapy

I had a pretty good time yesterday at my local dealership. Just thought I would share.
A good friend has cancer and he has been doing the chemo thing. He's doing pretty well with it physically, but it messes with your head, ya know?
Anyway, he got this idea that buying a 2014 Limited would be good for him after this scare, so I offered to take him to the dealership to shop. He's a serious buyer and I let a buddy salesman know we were coming.
They treated him great and he climbed all over many of the bikes just to see what the different colors felt like. He has a 2003 UC, so he's not a newb, but he hasn't kept up with the changes, so it was fun explaining to him about liquid cooling, the new screen, etc.
He had the biggest smile when we got done and headed out. Not sure if he will end up getting one, but probably. It was just great to be able to use the day when we can't ride anyway (besides the weather sucking) to lift his spirits.
I enjoyed it as much as him, but it did him more good.
As usual, I am really pleased with my dealership and the way they treat people. The owner even stopped by to say hi and wish him the best.
And, by the way, it's Gail's HD in Grandview, MO.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always nice to read a happy story around here this time of year. Best of luck to your buddy.

Me and a couple of friends did the same thing yesterday. They were shopping for luggage for our Sturgis trip and I was just tagging along. I consider hanging out at the dealer for a bit like therapy when the weather sucks. It was 9 here yesterday.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We bought our TG there last month. The folks at Gail's HD went above and beyond to help us get our 14. Worth the 3 hr drive IMHO!

Your doing a great thing for your buddy LS Bob. Anytime you can get a persons mind off the reality of life it's a good thing. You must be a damn good friend. Rock on brother!

Rax

Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 AM
cmeaney
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story. every now and then you find a good dealership that really cares.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Keeping him dreaming will keep him living. Your a good friend

Old 03-02-2014, 12:00 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice story about true friends. Sounds like you are doing a great thing for him and good for you. Hope he comes out of this successfully and go for a ride with him on his new scoot!

Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

You are a good friend! Concentrating on the positive is just as effective as any medication.

My father in law just had emergency brain surgery this past week. While sitting around with him before the operation, everyone else around him kept talking about how worried he must be and how he shouldn't worry about everything and about every possible outcome. I basically cut everyone off, said something like "enough of this ****" and promptly ask him where he was going to move to in FL and what he had in mind for where he was going to live. Wouldn't you know, he came thru the operation successfully, and a day after, all he could talk about was where he was going to move and what he'd be looking for in accommodations.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:20 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
He had the biggest smile when we got done and headed out.
Originally Posted by Raxus
...Your doing a great thing for your buddy LS Bob.
………

…… you rock, Bob

Old 03-02-2014, 12:26 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you. Good Dealer. Good for your friend. Good fortune to all three.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
I had a pretty good time yesterday at my local dealership. Just thought I would share.
A good friend has cancer and he has been doing the chemo thing. He's doing pretty well with it physically, but it messes with your head, ya know?
Anyway, he got this idea that buying a 2014 Limited would be good for him after this scare, so I offered to take him to the dealership to shop. He's a serious buyer and I let a buddy salesman know we were coming.
They treated him great and he climbed all over many of the bikes just to see what the different colors felt like. He has a 2003 UC, so he's not a newb, but he hasn't kept up with the changes, so it was fun explaining to him about liquid cooling, the new screen, etc.
He had the biggest smile when we got done and headed out. Not sure if he will end up getting one, but probably. It was just great to be able to use the day when we can't ride anyway (besides the weather sucking) to lift his spirits.
As usual, I am really pleased with my dealership and the way they treat people. The owner even stopped by to say hi and wish him the best.
And, by the way, it's Gail's HD in Grandview, MO.
This is BS. You just don't want to admit that the dealership tried to rip you and your friend off and the employees treated you like crap. They must have. After all, that is all you hear about in this forum. Said in jest...

Nice to hear about positive experiences from dealerships. Having and treating cancer is very overwhelming for the patient and their loved ones. Taking their mind off it is very helpful. Kudos to you and prayers for your friend. A new 2014 Limited will lift anyone's spirits. Hope he gets it.

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
You are a good friend! Concentrating on the positive is just as effective as any medication.

My father in law just had emergency brain surgery this past week. While sitting around with him before the operation, everyone else around him kept talking about how worried he must be and how he shouldn't worry about everything and about every possible outcome. I basically cut everyone off, said something like "enough of this ****" and promptly ask him where he was going to move to in FL and what he had in mind for where he was going to live. Wouldn't you know, he came thru the operation successfully, and a day after, all he could talk about was where he was going to move and what he'd be looking for in accommodations.
Jeffrey,

Wishing your father-in-law a speedy recovery. As a matter of fact, I would have thrown my guests out into the frigid cold!

Quick Reply: Dealership Therapy