General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MI pot hole solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MI pot hole solution

Did some running around in the truck in MI today. Pot holes were so bad, and it is soooo warm out that I went home and broke out the sporty. Much easier to dodge potholes.

Didnt see any sofa glides or road queens out running about (did see two people on scooter though). Pot holes are no problem on two wheels. Got my business done and did some fun riding, threw some gas in her and went home. The hard packed snow on the side roads was soft enough for my tires to get pretty darn good traction. Shinko 777 up front never slid, 712 out back did just as good. Skinny tires are better on the snow.

Got some looks though, even a police officer looking for speeders was laughing and shaking his head and just waved as I buzzed by. Needs a washing now but I see a ride happening tomorrow so that is going to wait for a bit.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, there was one lone motorcycle in the plant parking lot today in the motorcycle parking area.....A sportster!!! (Not mine, as the side yard is a snow & wet grass covered hill up to the road & the bald tire doesn't grab too well). Oh, and the potholes are severe this year....One stretch of less than a mile of road right across the river in OH has claimed about 2 cars and one truck in the past two weeks by ripping the front wheels right off.

Gonna try to get mine out tomorrow too.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM
WvDragon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL you wanna see some real potholes come down to Southern WV, and i dont mean beckley where people seem to think the state ends. Come down to Princeton and Bluefield if you want to see some potholes and bad roads.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by WvDragon
LOL you wanna see some real potholes come down to Southern WV, and i dont mean beckley where people seem to think the state ends. Come down to Princeton and Bluefield if you want to see some potholes and bad roads.
some of the roads up here in the land of milk and honey (Wood Co) remind me of growing up in NYC, bus eaters

Old 03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Pot holes? You guys don't know about pot holes! Around here, the road crews are waiting until they all fill up with Smart cars before smoothing them over.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 PM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

Now these are what you call potholes, like to see you dodge these bastards on a bike LOL.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...w=1024&bih=672

Old 03-07-2014, 02:55 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WvDragon
I'll be coming down through there next Friday heading to Bristol for the races......I'll compare them & report back.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:10 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

I haven't been through all the states and Philly has it's share of potholes, but when I went through MI last year, they has the worst road conditions that I can recall. I think they should nuke MI and start over.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
I haven't been through all the states and Philly has it's share of potholes, but when I went through MI last year, they has the worst road conditions that I can recall. I think they should nuke MI and start over.
Warn me before you drop the bomb.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Pot holes are no problem on two wheels.
Are you immortal?

Quick Reply: MI pot hole solution