General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what some motorists really think

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM
ccreyeder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry what some motorists really think

One of the local radio stations does this bit in the morning where they have a voice mail set up and you can call in and leave a message on whatever topic is on your mind and then the station will play a couple of them on the air.

Our expressway system has those big, information signs over the roadways that alert you to traffic situations, amber alerts, etc.. Well, lately they have all had the message: "Share the road. Look twice for motorcycles"

So, this one biotch calls in and says "yea, I seen those signs and saw a motorcycle serving through traffic. If you ask me, I think you should look twice for motorcycles and then hit them at every opportunity."

Needless to say, she got a rash of crap from the listeners when they heard that.

Nice to know that in addition to all the simply clueless drivers, there are also homicidal maniacs out there.....

All the more reason to stay vigilant out there!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 PM
HarDlife
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No surprise. They ALL want to kill us.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:56 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccreyeder
One of the local radio stations does this bit in the morning where they have a voice mail set up and you can call in and leave a message on whatever topic is on your mind and then the station will play a couple of them on the air.

Our expressway system has those big, information signs over the roadways that alert you to traffic situations, amber alerts, etc.. Well, lately they have all had the message: "Share the road. Look twice for motorcycles"

So, this one biotch calls in and says "yea, I seen those signs and saw a motorcycle serving through traffic. If you ask me, I think you should look twice for motorcycles and then hit them at every opportunity."

Needless to say, she got a rash of crap from the listeners when they heard that.

Nice to know that in addition to all the simply clueless drivers, there are also homicidal maniacs out there.....

All the more reason to stay vigilant out there!
I highly doubt she would intentionally hit anyone, she's probably just fed up with all those idiots on crotch rockets. With the way a lot of those guys ride they don't need anyone gunning for them, they'll probably end up going down sooner or later anyway.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:11 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

a couple of years back there was some 'celebrity' dj out in california who was complaining about bikes lane splitting on the highway. he was saying that cars should squeeze them in, and even go so far as to open their doors in front of them.

that caused a major uproar, and come to find out, the jackwad didn't know that lane splitting was legal in ca and he did come back on the air and apologized for his ignorance. there was some talk of him actually getting an mc endorsement and doing some riding himself, but i never heard if that actually happened or not.

i don't know why, but you can take a nice, normal, calm person, put them behind the wheel of a car/truck and suddenly they become homicidal maniacs who go into an uncontrollable rage if someone gets ahead of them on the road. i just don't get it. are you really that fired up about your job to get there ahead of everyone else?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,922 Likes on 3,022 Posts

If your that miserable, do the world a favor and check yourself out. But don't take anyone else out with you. Only those who really care will mourn your passing, you might be surprised at the empty seats.
Sorry,for the rant.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I highly doubt she would intentionally hit anyone, she's probably just fed up with all those idiots on crotch rockets. With the way a lot of those guys ride they don't need anyone gunning for them, they'll probably end up going down sooner or later anyway.
Or one was splitting lanes, hit her car and didn't stop or acknowledge he did it. I could her being PO-ed about that. But hitting someone...probably an idle threat. Probably.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Somewhere, someplace, sometime - Karma catches up with people like this...

Old 05-14-2014, 09:52 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,211 Likes on 11,120 Posts

Ca has those same "share the road with motorcycles" signs.
To me it's a reminder for deranged, sociopathic cage drivers to take me out.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:29 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Gave up a long long time ago worrying about other people on the road knowing someone will be pissed off just because we are on two wheels. Too many other things in life to fret over that we can make a difference.
Most of the time I go around at the first opportunity or hang way back as long as they are driving fast enough.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:14 AM
JOHNNYFLHR
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 610 Likes on 367 Posts

Stay on your game, there all out to get us.

Quick Reply: what some motorists really think