General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They see us, but some don't like us....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:58 AM
1200 Low Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They see us, but some don't like us....

So, watching Fox 8 news in Cleveland this a.m. before riding into work and the traffic lady points out that there are a lot of bikes out today and keep an eye out for us. I thought that was really cool. Then she adds to the motorcyclists that we dont need to be weiving in and out of traffic and changing lanes on the high way so much, that it doesnt do anyone any good. I mention this to my wife who also rides and she said someone on Face Book in our area of town said "ok, ok we see you bikers with all the signs to watch for us and all, but it doesnt mean you can go racing in and out of traffic on the highway"
I am guessing this is more of the crotch rocket crowd, sorry to stereotype. But, I sure sucks that whoever it is riding like an idiot gives us all a bad name.
So, great they see us but they are pissed at us because of the way some morons ride. Thats not very good.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Only takes a few to screw it up for all of us.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Toad
Only takes a few to screw it up for all of us.
I agree 100%!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 AM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200 Low Rider
But, I sure sucks that whoever it is riding like an idiot gives us all a bad name.
So, great they see us but they are pissed at us because of the way some morons ride. Thats not very good.
It's me, your welcome

Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

usually the guy going 5mph under the speed limit in the right lane is the one bitching about speeder....just sayin.......instead of pissing and moaning tell them people to move over to the left lane and stop worrying about everyone else.....

Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I believe it was George Carlin who once said "Everyone who is going slower them me is an idiot, and everyone who's going faster than me is a maniac"

I've seen plenty of bikes "behaving badly", and people do tend to paint with a wide brush. My favorite of this week is the guy who simply decided to ride the white stripe between the right a left lane. Minnesota doesn't allow that, I was driving my car, he scared the crap outa me when he flew by on my right.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

i've been invisible for 40 some years, it's the only way to think; everything else is psychobabble

Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Same story, different day. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms.

Last edited by MN_RoadKing; 05-23-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
usually the guy going 5mph under the speed limit in the right lane is the one bitching about speeder....just sayin.......instead of pissing and moaning tell them people to move over to the left lane and stop worrying about everyone else.....
If you meant right lane, i agree

Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Guess I'm lucky. Here in Orange County CA everyone seems very friendly when I am out and about on my bike. I get a lot of "thumbs-ups" and friendly smiles at stoplights and whatnot. Sure, there is the occasional psycho-grouch to watch out for, but not too much. I believe that we cyclists have a responsibility to make sure that we can be seen and when sharing lanes and going between cars the dime is on us to be careful and be seen.

Quick Reply: They see us, but some don't like us....