General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this my Fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Is this my Fault

Hey guys,still no news yet on me trying to buy a new Streetglide,I called again this morning and the guy said he'd call back today,I hope so.Anyways,I have been talking via phone and mostly email,so is this the reason I can't get a deal done?Out of sight out of mind is what I was thinking cause when I make contact they say were still working on your trade value,we haven't forgot about you,I say BS I'm not there in person so I don't get your time.I don't live nearby,I would have to travel min 2 hours to get to one dealer and I also have to work as well so I don't have alot of time to just run down there,give me some hard numbers and then we'll go to finance and see where I stand and then go from there.Is dealing over the phone not done anymore,or do you need to go in and don't leave til you have an answer. I would like to hear how some of you guys handled this situation.

Thanks.

Mike.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,864 Likes on 18,598 Posts

If this is the service, attention, courtesy you are being extended right now, imagine how you'll be treated once they've gotten your money. I'd move on and look for a different source.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Since you're 2 hours away, have they seen your existing bike in order to work up a trade-in price? If not, bite the bullet, make the 2 hour ride, and show them that you're serious. If they HAVE seen your bike and still can't work up a price, I'd try a different dealer, 'cuz it doesn't take but a few minutes for a decent dealer to put together numbers for a serious buyer. That's MY take on it.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
If this is the service, attention, courtesy you are being extended right now, imagine how you'll be treated once they've gotten your money. I'd move on and look for a different source.
Ditto on this.

Although I do think that if you were there in person it would light a fire under their collective asses. Especially since you drove out there and had a deal in mind.

Still I think that in your particular case you've given these yahoos all the chances they deserve. I'd get your financing in order first then go to the other dealership with the better incentive (understanding that they're out of province and there may be challenges), walk in and make a deal. Faced with a quick purchase on an expensive bike I'd bet they would do it.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 AM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes they have seen my bike and I sent 10 pics at the salesman request,all retailed and up close shots along with mileage.This same dealer made a post on facebook about a 2011 Streetglide that they just took in on trade and said give a us a call,my wife being the great girl that she is replyed,"why bother,they don't return your calls".We got a reply within 5 minutes of that post,funny isn't it.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:40 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

So, have they seen your bike IN PERSON or just the 10 pictures you sent them?? Personally, I think that posting a message like that on their FB page was kind of a dick move. Especially if you're trying to get them to work with you. So, have you physically taken yourself AND the bike in to them or not? There are a TON of tire kickers online and one way to motivate them is to park your bike in their lot and walk through the doors. Show them that you're serious.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Larry speaks the truth....

Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 675 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
Yes they have seen my bike and I sent 10 pics at the salesman request,all retailed and up close shots along with mileage.This same dealer made a post on facebook about a 2011 Streetglide that they just took in on trade and said give a us a call,my wife being the great girl that she is replyed,"why bother,they don't return your calls".We got a reply within 5 minutes of that post,funny isn't it.
As a small businessman myself (hey, I ride a Superlow because I am only 5'8" so the pun is intended) I can tell you that small businesses are very sensitive to what people post on social media like Facebook. In today's world it is unusual for a small business to be unresponsive the way you described. Reputations spread fast and the market will put you out of business if you get a bad reputation. I can tell you that my HD dealer (Huntington Beach Harley Davidson) is super-responsive and very anxious to please their customers. A very "family" feel to this dealer, and they have earned my loyalty. For guys like me who are not inclined to maintain their bikes themselves (I am no one's mechanic, alas), it is very important to have a dealer like this.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 AM
IFRider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
So, have they seen your bike IN PERSON or just the 10 pictures you sent them?? Personally, I think that posting a message like that on their FB page was kind of a dick move. Especially if you're trying to get them to work with you. So, have you physically taken yourself AND the bike in to them or not? There are a TON of tire kickers online and one way to motivate them is to park your bike in their lot and walk through the doors. Show them that you're serious.
This.

If I were a salesman and I had 3 customers standing in my dealership and a guy calling and sending pictures of a bike on email, I know where my attention would be.

They aren't taking you seriously.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:05 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by IFRider
This.

If I were a salesman and I had 3 customers standing in my dealership and a guy calling and sending pictures of a bike on email, I know where my attention would be.

They aren't taking you seriously.
Yup. Try to imagine how many phone calls they get from folks that will never be buyers or are just using their dealership for a quote to play off of the dealership they really intend to buy from. They don't think you're a serious buyer and they have what they perceive to be real customers to attend to.

Quick Reply: Is this my Fault