General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the Bean Blossom Bikefest? (IN)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know the Bean Blossom Bikefest? (IN)

Is it worth the trip? Any good? I'm thinking about making it this year but I have yet to cross paths with anyone who has been there.

http://scootermaniaevents.com/

Old 07-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Mikey2274
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a lot of friends go. I've never personally been. Heard some good stories. Afraid the wife might not think it is as much of a good time as I would!

Old 07-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Will have to take that into account; current plans are to take the Old Wench along.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Apacheboy
Intermediate

I was there last year, what do you want to know?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Dr.Midnight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,200 Likes on 7,161 Posts

I've never been to the Boogie, but I live close enough to the property that I can hear the music when it starts playing. I don't know what goes on inside the grounds, but there is rarely, if ever, an incident outside. It seems that all the bikers are well behaved and just want to enjoy themselves. I always enjoy this event too, because it gives me a chance to see a ton of cool bikes and talk with some very interesting folks. When I see that first rubber wiener sitting on someone's dashboard, I know it's Boogie time.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:36 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Bean Blossom is separate from "The Boogie". I have not been to BB. but I have been to the Boogie and it is a adult themed good time party. That part of Indiana has some great roads to ride.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Amish gone bad
Will have to take that into account; current plans are to take the Old Wench along.
If you can call the OL "the Old Wench" to her face, you're going to have a great time at the boogie! ABATE of Indiana has a website for it. Plenty of other fallen Amish there for you to hang with!

Old 07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,070 Likes on 758 Posts

I have not been for a long time...but be warned, there are things you can never un-see...

Old 07-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Originally Posted by Apacheboy
I was there last year, what do you want to know?

Thanks to everyone who hit reply. The one I'm talking about is the September 4th to something (?). Kind of looking at the fun level of the whole thing. I did a Indiana ABATE ages back and found the IN/KY folks to be great, reasonably safe, and great fun. A fair level of "Hold my beer and watch this" but not much of anyone getting in someones face. Except for the odd domestic here and there you get anywhere a large group of humans gather.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

We went last year for the first time and I doubt we will go back this year.

We did meet some great people and partied with them all week and the roads around the area are great compared to home, but…

We arrived the first day and the few decent spots for a tent were gone. Had our choice of pine needles or dirt/sand.

Grassy spots are reserved for RV’s and there were a lot of them. Wondered if I was at a bike rally or RV camp.

A couple bands on Friday or Saturday were decent, before that, the music was a disappointment.

The place is small and people ride around it in a circle. Takes a minute or two to do a lap depending on traffic. One guy dressed like Kidd Rock rode a mini bike around all day and night. Must have seen him a hundred times or more. Kinda boring.

The place is dusty from traffic on the circle and the camping in dirt. Have never gotten dust and dirt everywhere like we did that week.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Bean Blossom Bikefest? (IN)