General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Electraglide Fairing Cabling Reassembly Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 11:32 PM
warcrywalker
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electraglide Fairing Cabling Reassembly Help

BLUF: Can someone(s) provide photos of how their Clutch, Throttle, and Brake lines snake back up from their engine and transmission connections, through the Fairing, and to the handlebars from above and below? Stock or with apes will help.

The story... I got an HCC 15" Ape Hanger kit about a month ago, and a friend help me install it this weekend but we failed to take a good photo of how the Clutch, Throttle, and Brake lines snake back up through the Fairing and go around the tank and frame in front of the engine. Someone got a little over eager pulling parts of the bike... first time I've done this. I'm too OCD to just duct tape or zip tie everything, I want it run "right". I'm pretty damn sure we're on the wrong side of the triple tree and want to save myself from having to repeat this too many times, or kill myself.

Bike is a 2006 Electra Glide Standard FLHTI

BLUF means Bottom Line Up Front by the way... Thanks in advance!

Last edited by warcrywalker; 07-25-2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: 'cause I'm illiterate...
Old 07-26-2016, 02:22 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. I'm betting that a Service Manual would come in pretty handy about now.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:22 AM
warcrywalker
Stage III

I have one, and it's not helping me much. 2-19(throttle) tells me to follow the brake line, except that has been pulled and misrouted as well, and has no good pictures. 2-95(clutch) has a couple good pictures... of areas I already know, not the ones I need. Specifically how the clutch cable passes from the right Frame down tube under the engine or how and where is passes around the triple trees through the hole in the fairing. The verbal description is up for debate. I looked through the entire Touring Models 2006 Harley-Davidson Service Manual and haven't found anything helpful on this.

Do you have a specific page you're referencing?

This is why I'm asking for a couple pictures... needless to say I'm planning on trolling the nearest dealer to see if there is a comparable model/ years that'll explain it all since I don't have any friends with an Electra Glide.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:25 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

OP, just google 'electra glide fairing wiring' and hit images, tons of pics where you can see the clutch cable routing. Hell, you can google image search all the rest too...

Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 AM
warcrywalker
Stage III

I already tried the google fu for images, videos, and just about anything else I could think of. Unless google or bing is showing you something different, I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. It does show the inside of a bunch of fairings from above, which does not answer either of my problems.

I don't need to see inside the fairing. I need to see..
1) looking down infront of the handlebars at where all 3 lines pass into the fairing
2) looking up under the fairing to see exactly where they come out
3) where the clutch cable passes under the block
4) how the throttle cables pass over/ around the front head.

Thanks anyways.