Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

GoPro users

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Ride.

Originally Posted by 472viper
As for the video I posted it was one of the first I took after getting the camera. That and I live in eastern SoDak and we only have one road with a curve on it. We line up on Saturdays to take turns going around it.

Next month I go to Sturgis and LaCross WI and will be the first time I have been in a scenic National Park since I got the camara.

Then I will have more exciting videos to post. My sincerest apology to those I have bored with my boring video of a ride through a boring neighbourhood.
Boring or not,I loved the pick in music.It fit the ride perfect.With out the music can you hear the engine or exhaust?I think it would be cool to hear the pipes when your getting on the highway.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 AM
dynoflyer
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Helmet and crash bar mount

I've had good luck with the adhesive helmet mounts, one on top and one on the side. Also, good results with a GoPro crash bar mount on one side or the other. I've tried a suction cup mount on the side of the saddlebags but there's too much vibration and the video is poor.

Every once in awhile I get a weird undulating vibration with the crash bar mount, strange thing is it isn't consistent. That leads me to think there's something else going on, maybe electrical interference? I don't know if that's what you're experiencing. It's not vibration from the bike, it's very different. I wonder if anyone else had that happen. I ride a 2014 FLHXS with the new digital control module.

I just posted a ride video that was made with both the helmet and crash bar mounts using a GoPro 3 Silver. Boston to Sturgis, Beartooth Highway, Denver and Vail. Awesome trip, btw.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:01 PM
dynoflyer
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by markophonic
A neutral density filter can help with the "jello" effect...when you get that jello like warble in the video.

google gopro ND filter and jello effect
Thanks Markophonic for this tip. I just reviewed the Amazon listings and this sounds like a solution to the 'wobble' effect.