Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

help with screaming eagle tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:13 AM
bherr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with screaming eagle tuner?

I'm confused. New to the tuner. Do I make changes in the Ve table or to the afr table to adjust afr. I've been reading thru the manual, several times now, and still confused. Looks like I can use either table. My dyno shows I need to adjust AFR. Any help would be appreciated.
Ben

Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

problem # 1.. you're reading the manual.. all that will do is confuse you.

why would you be adjusting a file tuned on a dyno? Did you change something that necessitates the adjustments?

help us out a bit here.
bike?
mods?
what specific tuning device? SEST or SEPST?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:09 AM
bherr
Intermediate
Default tuner

I have a dyno. The bike starts fine when cold, but when warm it starts hard and doesn't run smooth. I did some dyno pulls on both cyls. The front is lean from idle to mid rpms. The rear cyl. Is good except from 5500 to 5800 which is rich (12.5-12.8). I was also thinking that the ecm has set to rich on the starting table or a sensor maybe bad.
ben

Old 10-15-2014, 07:14 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by bherr
I have a dyno. The bike starts fine when cold, but when warm it starts hard and doesn't run smooth. I did some dyno pulls on both cyls. The front is lean from idle to mid rpms. The rear cyl. Is good except from 5500 to 5800 which is rich (12.5-12.8). I was also thinking that the ecm has set to rich on the starting table or a sensor maybe bad.
ben
can you tell us everything about your bike please. any mods to motor, exhaust, a/c

also can you post your map up here so we can look at it? You can get a dropbox account for free to upload your maps to then post a link here to that map

Old 10-15-2014, 10:30 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I'm confused. New to the tuner. Do I make changes in the Ve table or to the afr table to adjust afr. I've been reading thru the manual, several times now, and still confused. Looks like I can use either table. My dyno shows I need to adjust AFR. Any help would be appreciated.
Ben

Both cylinders use the AFR table as the target. each cylinder has a separate VE table that tells the ECM how much air F or R is getting so add x amount of fuel for that amount of air.
air flow is not a constant in all areas and the ECM needs to be told what to expect as it does not measure that air flow in real time.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:06 PM
bherr
Intermediate
Default tuner

106 cu in with cnc heads, cams& Reinhart true duals. Front cyl afr mid 13.5 up to 4500 rpm's then drops into the mid 12.5 up to 5100 rpms then back to the mid 13's. Back cyl runs from 1300 rpm's in the low to high 15's then drops to 14's at 2600 rpm's. Stays in the 14's up to 3100 rpm's and into the 13's up to red line. Front cyl shows HP at 88.36 at 5300 rpm's with the rear cyl at 91.42 HP at 5250 rpm's.
In order to level out the afr on both cyl's in the mid 13.5 afr, I still need to know should I use the VE table or the AFR table to tune in the AFR????

Old 10-17-2014, 12:36 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

You are doing tweaking now. If the smartune data does not provide the recommended VE's then since you are using advanced output data (sniffer/wideband?) you would make adjustment in the VE. If memory serves 10% VE change is 1 AFR change

Old 10-19-2014, 07:13 AM
bherr
Intermediate
Default tuner

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
You are doing tweaking now. If the smartune data does not provide the recommended VE's then since you are using advanced output data (sniffer/wideband?) you would make adjustment in the VE. If memory serves 10% VE change is 1 AFR change
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Ben

Old 10-20-2014, 10:29 AM
bherr
Intermediate
Default tuner

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Ben
I need to pull the existing call file that is loaded on the ecm, but can't figure out how to do that from the manual for the screaming eagle tuner, which is the older model. Help!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

I need to pull the existing call file that is loaded on the ecm, but can't figure out how to do that from the manual for the screaming eagle tuner, which is the older model. Help!!!
why?
you have the cal file (map) on your computer, same as the file flashed to ECM, then it was saved on the VCI.

Anyway
Open the software, click tuning fork then you see the previous saved maps or can get one manually. now look at top center there is a tab "VCI". you can retrieve the last flashed map from VCI

Quick Reply: help with screaming eagle tuner?