Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Mileage dropped too much!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Had to give everyone an update.

Just to give a recap.... I had put my Fuel Moto stainless header on in December of 13, sometime in the the spring I noticed that the engine had begun to run very hot (bottom of my jeans were burning me). Ended up taking the header off and replacing it with the stock. Had the bike looked at a few times and then installed the 204 cams and had it tuned by a reputable tuner. Fast forward to now:

I had my stainless Fuel Moto header ceramic coated a while ago and never re-installed it. Last week I won an ebay auction for some 4" dynotuned Jackpots. Since I had both in hand I installed them......While doing the installation I notied a silver pipe above the throttle body that looked out of place. After some HDForums research I discovered that it was the purge tube and that it should be capped. Went to Harley, my buddy gave me a cap and guess what....the heat is down....WAY DOWN!!! I have no idea about my mileage yet as I have not been able to ride anwyhere significant yet. It was a blistering 103 with the heat index yesterday. The top of my jeans was hotter than the bottom. I also noticed that the bike ran smoother. SO i am guessing at this point that the vacuum leak from the purge tube may have been a problem all this time.

I'll try and remember to give an update once I have a couple more tanks go through it to check the fuel mileage.