Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT Program same as HD Dwnld?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT Program same as HD Dwnld?

Sitting here looking over the download program for my bike contained on the SERT disk, I find myself wondering if it is the same download programmed into my ECM when I had the stage 1 done. Once I connect to the ECM I should know. But, before doing that, do any of you know for sure if its the same program or not?

Old 01-08-2006, 07:48 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SERT Program same as HD Dwnld?

It depends on which download they installed on your bike. There should be the typical Stage I, Stage II, etc contained on the CD-ROM.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it will be the same as the Stage1 download from HD, That's why you load it and then take the bike and get dyno tuned

That's why I bought the SERT instead of throwing $150 out the door on there download it went towards the SERT so that i could get the best performance out of the bike with a dyno tune.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:38 AM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

Sitting here looking over the download program for my bike contained on the SERT disk, I find myself wondering if it is the same download programmed into my ECM when I had the stage 1 done. Once I connect to the ECM I should know. But, before doing that, do any of you know for sure if its the same program or not?
Actually, you can't view what is already in the ECM. All you can do is choose to load a new MAP or modify a MAP and then load it. If you make any changes to a MAP, save it to a new name, that way you don't overwrite your original program. This isn't a problem with MAP's that are stored on the CD but as you tune you will be making lots of changes. And if you have a MAP that you like and you change it, you might forget what was changed. Thats makes it hard to get back to where you were.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:57 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 147 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe you can pick up a few pointers here... https://www.hdforums.com/m_222256/mp.../tm.htm#222256

Old 01-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

Springer - I should be able to determine which program is currently being used by the ECM once I toggle over to "ECM Information". At least it seems logical that the current program ID number would be displayed along with the VIN and EMC PN. It should list the program in "Cal ID" I would think.

Anyhow, I wasn't going to waste time using the SERT and dumpiing the identical program into the ECM that may have been used initially over at the dealership whe the stage 1 was done. Besides, I intend on changing pipes before spring, anyway. That's when I anticipate having the SERT and doing the dyno will pay off.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:03 PM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

Springer - I should be able to determine which program is currently being used by the ECM once I toggle over to "ECM Information". At least it seems logical that the current program ID number would be displayed along with the VIN and EMC PN. It should list the program in "Cal ID" I would think.

Anyhow, I wasn't going to waste time using the SERT and dumpiing the identical program into the ECM that may have been used initially over at the dealership whe the stage 1 was done. Besides, I intend on changing pipes before spring, anyway. That's when I anticipate having the SERT and doing the dyno will pay off.
My mistake, I read stage 1, but I was thinking Stock ECM without a download. It was late when posted I should of been [sm=sleeping.gif][sm=sleeping.gif]

Old 01-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

No problem, Springer.

After considerable research on my part, I have settled on an exhaust system. A 2 into 1 D&D "Fat Cat" is on the way. Once the Fat Cat is installed, I'll do the dyno using the SERT. I'll post how it turns out.