Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signal wire repair help needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
steveoh62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal wire repair help needed

The rear turn signal wiring on my '06 Super Glide are frayed from the rear tire rubbing on them. I think I failed to put them under the clips when I installed the sissy bar. Anyway, they are frayed to the point where they need shorting out and they need replacing. I have several questions:

[ul][*]How do you remove the connector on the turnsignal wire that plugs into the taillight module?[*]Can the TS assembly be dis-assembled to allow wire removal right at the bulb socket?[/ul]
Thank you in advance for your help/suggestions.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Turn signal wire repair help needed

You can probably get a new harness from the dealer. Or, if it was me...If the fraying was just the insulation, I would get the appropriate heat shrink tubing ..cut the wire and feed it through the tubing and retwist/solder where I cut...over the area with heat shrink and shrink it. If the wire is messed up...I would stagger my cuts near the plugs. Cut new wire to length and splice/heatshrink it. To me though...I would just get a new harness unless they were outrageous in price.