Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My fix to the PCII usb

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
crazyiven
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My fix to the PCII usb

First hello, new to the forums.
Problem, dead spots in throttle, slugish on the top end, never felt right power wise.

I have a nighster with the shortshots and the stage one air kit. But this might help anyone that is haven problems with the maps and taking to a dyno that cant seem to get it right.

I went through it all in these fourms, tryed this and that. I was even in contact with Bob that ran a dyno for Power Commander. He had no idea and told me to mess with the Accelerator Pump. Spent a week trying this and that. I tryed to look for the most updated softwear it was good, firmwear was there and it was 2.1.2 on the power commander home page. It was not the most up to date version. I sent then a nasty mail, and the next day ver. 2.2.5 was there make sure you use the installer called PC III USB Reprogrammer. Install directions will pop up and walk you through the process.

After that I zero maped my PCIII and rest set it. Then loaed up the map from their site, All went as it should. It ran stright and true, it was my fix.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
SK8ROD
Banned
Default RE: My fix to the PCII usb

i dont get it,, i have never heard of this problem before and my software version is 3.2.1?

pete

Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
TymToPla
Advanced

Firemware-v-software. I'm having trouble loading the latest "firmware" from my PC. I can't find 2.2.5 on their web site yet?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
TymToPla
Advanced

Also ,what do you mean "zero mapped" your PCIII?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
crazyiven
Advanced

Firemware-v-software. I'm having trouble loading the latest "firmware" from my PC. I can't find 2.2.5 on their web site yet?

Click on the link in my first post, you will see a tab with firmwear on it. click on it in that first section you wil see 2.2.5.0 fuel firmwear for Harley Davidson PC III USB. Down load it to a place you remember. Then below that there is the PC III Reprogramer this will install the firmwear that you downloaded.

Now hook up your PCIII and then run the reprogramer it will want you to open the 2.2.5.0 file. Your PCIII must be hooked up and be powered up. Let it do its thing, your PCIII will then be upto date.

Firmware
Software stored in read-only memory (ROM) or programmable ROM (PROM). Easier to change than hardware but harder than software stored on disk. Firmware is often responsible for the behaviour of a system when it is first switched on. A typical example would be a "monitor" program in a microcomputer which loads the full operating system from disk or from a network and then passes control to it.

As for the zero map, I wanted it to be clear of any settings when i reset the power commander. I then loaded the map for my bike off their site. I have zero problems now. But if you are not having problems with your bike dont worry about it.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Hughey79
Tourer

So you are saying that IF we are having a stumble off of idle or any other minor issue that we may need to update the firmware? Is this with certain or all PC III's? Certain bikes?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
crazyiven
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Hughey79

So you are saying that IF we are having a stumble off of idle or any other minor issue that we may need to update the firmware? Is this with certain or all PC III's? Certain bikes?
I would say if you are having problems with that little dead spot right when you crack the throttle, or are slugish in the top end. I would say do it, if your bike is good dont worry about it. It cured all my problems in about 5 min...

Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 AM
TymToPla
Advanced

Thanks Crazyiven, understand better now." Rameous" and I will make another attempt.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
crazyiven
Advanced

Cool post back if it works for you...

Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Hughey79
Tourer

Crazy. I am still sleptical of this. If this is a known issue that dynojet is aware of why arent they releaseing this update to everyone rather than when people inquire about it?

Quick Reply: My fix to the PCII usb