Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vicenzajay
Just a quick update from my posts about 6 weeks ago. Jamie helped me out by modifying the resultant map after approximately 11 AT runs. He did some AFR target smoothing as well in the process. The new tune ran fairly well, but the decel popping is still there in very specific spots. I've run 7 more runs at this point - deltas still not settling in very well (probably due to my hitting new cells and the temperatures changing quite a bit here from day to day).

Anyway, I've sent "session 18" to Jamie for another round of trying to target the specific decel popping areas before continuing the tuning process. Frankly, I was hoping to not have to make 20+ autotuning runs to get VE deltas inside of 3-5%.

Oh well - ce'st la vie
You shouldn't need 20 runs to get the VE's to settle down. The temp changes won't make that much of a difference. As far as hitting different cells just open the current and previous cals with WinPV and see which cells are giving you the high changes. After 4 or 5 runs you should be close. That's assuming you don't have any other mechanical issues going on. Why are you chasing decel popping anyway? That comes AFTER your VE's are dialed in, NOT before. It sounds like you're going about this azzbackwards. Post some screenshots of the cells that keep changing more than 5%.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM
BLACK 3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the difference between ET temp and Head temp? My ET temp in 2 rides, havent gotten higher than 250* and the Head temp is around 350*. What is to high for the Head temp?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

I have a question about fuel injectors.

Its not that I want to play with it but I noticed that on my original tune from 14 street glide the injector number is. 3.34

On base map from fuel moto the injector number is. 4.35

All the injector numbers on ALL the dynojet tunes and old tunes I have from my 10 street glide ALL have the injector number. 4.35

Why are they different? It must not be a problem to use the base map that I got from fuel moto for my 14 street glide or we would of read something on the net about it by now?

Update................ Early firmware for the 14s 614 calibrations had issues updated power vision and recaptured tune and the fuel injector number reads correctly.

Last edited by Sam2010; 05-09-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 AM
Noddy
Stage IV

Originally Posted by JustDennis
They all contain very similar information but serve different purposes. Here is my take on them.

The DynoJet manual is a very detailed look at the software and PV with screen captures that steps in the setup and tuning process in great detail. It tells you how to do a lot of things but doesn't really tell you why or tie them together. It is intended as a reference manual for the PV and software. Many times it tells you all the things you can do but not why they should be done or in what order. I have suggested and requested that at some point DynoJet publish a "How to tune your Harley with PV" manual.

FuelMoto's guide is more of a how to setup and do tuning guide. It is very good and has much of the material that can be found in the one I did. It is a basic setup and tuning guide.

JD Basic Instructions - I compiled this from various sources at the request of some of the folks on the forum here. It is a simple How-to guide combined with some common questions that folks here were asking. I added some Tips and Tricks along the way plus some unpublished features from DynoJet that are in Beta testing. It is an informal compilation of the information that can be found in the manual from DynoJet, the instructions from FuelMoto and the information found in this thread and others on the forum plus some information garnered from personal experience. These instructions are a work-in-progress as we find more information thru our questions here and DynoJet adds functionality to the PV.

Each of these has its own usage and folks have found each of them helpful. I would recommend that you use the DynoJet Manual to become familiar with WinPV, Log Tuner and the PV, use the information from FuelMoto for initial install and setup and read the instructions I wrote to help summarize the tuning process along with tips and tricks to help with tuning.

Hope that helps. If you have any specific questions, someone here is sure to help.
Hallo Justdennis
Please help me. I have been gaining a lot of information on this forum. But have registered now. I have fitted a Power Vision to my 2013 HD Road King. I have done a few runs on auto tune and loaded it. i then downloaded a map from S&S and autotuned that. The problem now is that my bike as soon as I open the throttle it goes to a limping mode idle. I have restored my oem tune but the same happens only when i open it wider. I have taken it to the local HD dealer and they replaced my TBW as I previously installed longer handlebars and cut and soldered some wires. After the new wires the same tinh is happening.
I do not know what to do please help

Old 04-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Noddy
Stage IV

Hallo Whittlebeast
Please help me. I have fitted a Power Vision to my 2013 HD Road King. I have done a few runs on auto tune and loaded it. I then downloaded a map from S&S and autotuned that. The problem now is that my bike as soon as I open the throttle it goes to a limping mode idle. I have restored my oem tune but the same happens only when i open it wider. I have taken it to the local HD dealer and they replaced my TBW as I previously installed longer handlebars and cut and soldered some wires. After the new wires the same is happening. The dealer are checking now all the wires and then flash the ECM with the harley machine. I also asked them to fit the Andrews 48h cams. My problem is that after the fitment and if the bike is running correct can I use this power vision again or should I rather replace with the SE tuner
regards
I do not know what to do please help

Old 04-18-2014, 12:59 PM
D.Mon
Novice
Default VE Values

Hello guys,

I have a question about the VE Values.
Are they absolute values, meaning a Value of 100 indicates 100% filling of the cylinder or are they relative values not representing a specific volume of gas flowing through?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Regards
D.Mon

Old 04-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any Winpv archives for older version of it that will work with logtuner? I did change something last year in the files to view the logs but it was a pain. I really depended on those logs and they helped me get a better understanding of the whole thing.
Edit: Or is it the firmware too?

Last edited by Crazylegs; 04-19-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Platinum
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm one of the lucky ones...

Got my PV pre loaded from FM for my components. Ran auto tune twice, did pretty long runs. On the second run, no values changed more than 1.5%. Jamie and FM set me up right!

Thanks to all the contributors on this thread, great stuff here.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK 3
What is the difference between ET temp and Head temp? My ET temp in 2 rides, havent gotten higher than 250* and the Head temp is around 350*. What is to high for the Head temp?
That was one of my concerns when I first got my bike.

If you go into the WinPv and pull the stock tune you will find under the "spark" tab a setting for "spark adjust by head temp".
When you click on that you will see that the factory pulls as much as 8* when head temps reach 464* f.
That means that the factory is anticipating these things to get hot.

The highest head temp that I've observed on a few occasions with my bike was 350*f, though I do suspect it may have gotten hotter than that at times.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:01 PM
carbonfiberwingnut
Novice

Hi All,
Have a question that hopefully someone can give me a hand on, stailjim61? Got the PV last year and used it to tune my 05 RG that has a kinda weird 95” build that has a lot of inherent issues. After about 10 runs last year I got the motor running better than it even had.

This last winter I pulled the motor down and sent off the Juggs and the whole top end to be reworked by Baisley. (Who I highly recommend their service is top notch, and the results are beyond expectations).. Any way they turned the bores 10 over, new valves, guides, reworked exhaust porting a little, cut lobes out of the combustion area, and they decked them .

Got everything back together, loaded the old tune from last year, did some break in stuff and while doing so noticed that it sounded and felt really lean. So after about 30 miles of Break in stuff, I started logging to rework the map… Which when done made the instant improvements. After 2 more data runs I noticed that I am starting to get the a few 127.5’s, right in the sweet spot. So I followed stailjim61's (and others) advice and increased CI 3% and lowered VE 3%. Performed a data run. This worked great, all the cells around the 127.5 that were basically locked up moved , but I got the 127.5 back and more of them. So here is the question,,,,

Do I just keep adding 3% to the CI and subtracting 3% from the VE’s until I get something lower than a 127.5? Makes sense to me, but I don’t recall anybody posting that they have done this. /// And I have read this whole thread, some places more than once.

NOTE: Where the bike is at now, with the 127.5 is beyond livable performance wise. Very happy, but I feel like I leaving something on the table if I don’t get rid of those.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread