Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by opencaliber
I'm trying to open spark knock in a pvv file. I've updated the latest updates in PV Update Client and checked Front & RearVE's, AFR, and F&R Spark and can't get the Spark Knock to show in the tree.What I'm I missing? Please help...

It looks like you just have a .pvv loaded in there, you need to select a log after you have a .pvv selected and then click the "calc tune" button.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
opencaliber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about "Open Log(s)"? When I click on that I get a blank folder. I know I'm missing something, but I wasted several hours trying to figure this out and thought I would ask and before I go crazy over thinking this.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Are you talking about "Open Log(s)"? When I click on that I get a blank folder. I know I'm missing something, but I wasted several hours trying to figure this out and thought I would ask and before I go crazy over thinking this.

Have you recordedany logs yet with the PV? if you haven't then go out and ride around gathering some data. If you have then when you hook the PV up to your computer open WinPV up on the top there is a button that says get logs, Select this button and it will open a window with your logs in it. Select the logs you want to save and then save them to any folder you want on you computer. Now when you go to Logtuner selec the .pvv file you created off of your tune and then when you select open log and the window pops up navigate to where you saved your logs at. Once you selec calc tune you will get some message about missing WBO2 sensors just click ok and ignore that, it's for tuning with the pro kit. All the tuning parameters should now be open for you on the left hand menue.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
opencaliber
Cruiser

Please excuse my PV computer stupidity, but I did make a .pvvrun log (post # 5360) and when I open it, the tree shows the F&R VE, AFRand F&R Spark and will not let me calculate or do anything else with thefile. I know there are more important things going on is the thread, so I won't ask anymore questions. I'm just trying to figure this out.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Boston Chris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opencaliber....for log tuner to workk you have to go to your data log screen and select certain channels to log. this creates a csv. file. there use to be a code you could enter to log all the correct channels you will need to use log tuner but i dont think the code works anymore.

On dynojets powervision page of there web site there is the logtuner users manual. it takes you step by step in setting up logtuner as well as the gages screens you need to log. After going out and doing some runs with the gages screen setup to log...the powervision will create a log file in csv format ( excell ). When you set up the channels to log in the gages screen on the bottom of the screen there will be a start log button. After hitting the start log button to the left of it you will see a name of the log file you are creating ( will say something like log0001.csv ). You are then on your way. Ride around and when done again on the bottom of the screen it will have the exit log button or stop log or something. Hit it. remember the name of the log you created and take the PV inside and hook up to the laptop. open WinPv and choose the get log button on top tool bar. You can then save it to your PC.

You need both the PVV file and the csv log to get a calculation in logtuner.

To get rid of the wideband error message you can select options in log tuner and uncheck the use autotune for correction ( it is the first checkbox )

Old 09-09-2013, 05:32 PM
opencaliber
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Boston Chris
On dynojets powervision page of there web site there is the logtuner users manual. it takes you step by step in setting up logtuner as well as the gages screens you need to log. After going out and doing some runs with the gages screen setup to log...the powervision will create a log file in csv format ( excell ). When you set up the channels to log in the gages screen on the bottom of the screen there will be a start log button. After hitting the start log button to the left of it you will see a name of the log file you are creating ( will say something like log0001.csv ). You are then on your way. Ride around and when done again on the bottom of the screen it will have the exit log button or stop log or something. Hit it. remember the name of the log you created and take the PV inside and hook up to the laptop. open WinPv and choose the get log button on top tool bar. You can then save it to your PC.

You need both the PVV file and the csv log to get a calculation in logtuner.

To get rid of the wideband error message you can select options in log tuner and uncheck the use autotune for correction ( it is the first checkbox )
I've done all what you are telling me to do, but I do not get the "Spark Knock" to show in the .pvv. I might try call DJ and see if they can help.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Rhombus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
That's the most important table rght now. You want to get your VE's dialed in to less than 5% changes beforeyou move on to other tables.

perfect. Thanks

Old 09-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Earl IV
Tourer

Just got my TW555's installed and been playing around with the PV for a couple of days.

I'm also running HD heavy breather, V&H 2-1 big radius (with baffle)

First thing I noticed is there doesn't seem to be a way to create a different map for each gear.
With my PCV, I was able to tune for power in gears 1-5 and economy in gear 6.
Unless I'm missing something, this is disappointing.

Is there a way to throw out or ignore groups of cells in AT before updating the tune?
Each time I run AT it leans out the 750-1000rpm range by -10-15 points (my idle is set at 1000, I do not want to go higher)
After the last time it stallled/sputtered/backfired and died at idle on the jiffy stand (with no throttle input)

It's pretty hot and humid here right now (highs in the 90s, humidity >80%) so, I'm basically just playing around until the weather cools off.

Also, on the cams (off topic I know, but if Jamie chimes in he can answer this)
I'm noticing some elevated valve train noise at 1800 rpms coming from the rocker cover area.

I set the lifter preload by the written instructions (19 flats) but noticed the YouTube (107" cam install) video calls for 4 turns plus 2 flats? (26 flats?)
I'm running stock lifters.

Last edited by Earl IV; 09-10-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have no clue what I'm doing here. I have been running PV for a few months now. I have done probably five auto tunes. When I view the different tunes on my lap top that I have uploaded from the PV they are all the same values, nothing changed from my base stock map to all my auto tune ones. Does this mean I have not tuned the bike, or am I not loading or viewing this right. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac10
I have no clue what I'm doing here. I have been running PV for a few months now. I have done probably five auto tunes. When I view the different tunes on my lap top that I have uploaded from the PV they are all the same values, nothing changed from my base stock map to all my auto tune ones. Does this mean I have not tuned the bike, or am I not loading or viewing this right. Thanks.
Sounds like you're in basic mode. Look at these earlier posts #5343 #5353
I think you have the same problem.

Last edited by nhrider1; 09-11-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: add post #5343

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread