Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 12:28 AM
skarcher
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotune MAP H warning - new?

Haven't done an auto tune for a while but changed my pipe a bit so decided to fine tune the map. I've gone through several firmware updates since my last session so I was a little surprised to see this message on the screen. It now seems to limit the VE learning to less than a specified high MAP limit. It's now a lot harder to hit cells in the 3 o'clock segment higher than 30% TP. Checked all available dynojet info but could not find any reference to MAP H. MAP L is lthe only value listed.

My current firmware and tune database are one version behind the current one.

Anyone else experience this, and if so is it known what the MAP H value is?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:32 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by biglipps66
TIMING

Has anyone else found the need to pull from 3-5 degrees timing around 2750-3000 RPM at cruise speeds? 50-60kpa ranges still produce knock even at 13AFR while tuning lol. What in theeee hek. 91oct cali gas for the suck by the way
I have and I blame our special CA petro blend

Old 09-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDave13
I have and I blame our special CA petro blend
I'm sure your Cali blend doesn't help any, but I have the same problem here in TX. Though my trouble area is more around 3000-3500 at 65-75KPa.

Running an all open loop map has helped some. Also found that pulling a degree or two in a larger radius around the trouble area also helped. I actually have pulled almost 2 degrees from the entire table. Less knocks, no real noticeable drop in power.

Last edited by Red Dragons; 09-16-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:19 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you guys actually hearing knocking or are you seeing it in the Power Vision?

My PV shows knock controll being activated but I am not hearing it. Mostly at higher MAP (60-100)

Dyno time shows retarding timing to the point of reduced power still has knock events showing on the PV.

I added the timing back, got my power back and still don't here knocking. Probably false knock being reported.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by airfuel
Are you guys actually hearing knocking or are you seeing it in the Power Vision?

My PV shows knock controll being activated but I am not hearing it. Mostly at higher MAP (60-100)

Dyno time shows retarding timing to the point of reduced power still has knock events showing on the PV.

I added the timing back, got my power back and still don't here knocking. Probably false knock being reported.
I definitely hear it most of the time, but other times I think my exhaust or wind noise is covering up the sound. Light knocks are not always audible, but if the ion sensing is picking it up, especially in the areas where I would expect knocking, I'm gonna assume it's actually happening.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by airfuel

Both.
If the PV shows less than 1 degree I don't mess with it but I've had to pull as much as 5 degrees in the 50kpa 2750 rpm area just to get the damn thing to shut up

Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Mine is definitely noticeable, I posted a thread about it in the open area of Ig/Tuner/Fuel here.

Im seriously going to try some 100 octane unleaded when I get back just to see if this is a **** fuel problem no joke

Old 09-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Jesseleite
Stage II
Default Decel Popping

hi guys sorry for the stupid questions as i am new, i have read until my eyes bled and what i did get i cant figure out how to apply.

i have autotuned a few times, i don't know about the 3% since i can't figure out how to read a lot of Win pv, i can however look at the delta of two tunes...is that the same?

i have decel popping i would like to get rid of but don't want to screw up my bike. i know i can change a value in a table but i'm not sure what to change and to increase or decrease.

also when i look at my VE (TPS based/ front cyl) and the same rear it is sharp and jagged on the table to the bottom right in Win pv, i think i read it should be smoothed out, does this mean i should continue to auto tune or manually do it?

lastly how critical is it to get majority of the cells? seems i have to ride it like someone else bought it to get it filled in?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:29 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesseleite
hi guys sorry for the stupid questions as i am new, i have read until my eyes bled and what i did get i cant figure out how to apply.

i have autotuned a few times, i don't know about the 3% since i can't figure out how to read a lot of Win pv, i can however look at the delta of two tunes...is that the same?

i have decel popping i would like to get rid of but don't want to screw up my bike. i know i can change a value in a table but i'm not sure what to change and to increase or decrease.

also when i look at my VE (TPS based/ front cyl) and the same rear it is sharp and jagged on the table to the bottom right in Win pv, i think i read it should be smoothed out, does this mean i should continue to auto tune or manually do it?

lastly how critical is it to get majority of the cells? seems i have to ride it like someone else bought it to get it filled in?
Don't get discouraged, expect this to be a learning process.

You are doing good to be able to do the AT if you are looking at the delta of 2 tunes, simply go to the top menu and click COMPARE > SHOW DELTA AS PERCENT

Don't worry about the shape of the graphic... just get as many of the VEs within 5% Ideally all of boxes you hit. ...and you won't hit all the boxes, but you want to hit a good many from low rpm lower throttle to high rpm high throttle and a fat portion of the mid range cruise area.

You're on the right track. The whole PV and WinPV is pretty different from any PCIII or other device you may have used in the past, so keep asking questions.

I'm a complete NON-expert, but there is a guy out here that compiled a nice page of all the important stuff.. and I'll try to find that link for you and post it here.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Jesseleite
Stage II

Thanks so much! I won't give up as my excessive disorder won't let me...lol

I reached out to Dyno Jet I got the following reply:

" use quick tune get rid of the decel pop, there is a column in quick tune under fuel. Add +5 to decel and +3 to spark at decel and see if it helps"

Happy to report it has.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread