Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 AM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
This is a good general overview and guide on Delphi EFI, easy to read through and gives you a good understanding of key concepts, NB vs WB, AFR, Spark and VE tables, etc. http://www94.pair.com/rowand/efibasics/EFI%20Basics.pdf
Thanks for the post! I've been looking for a clear explanation on how EFI works... this is it!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:39 AM
trintcole
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read this. Nice post LA_dog. I posted earlier. My map is TPS based. My original map was MAP based. From the article it seems that MAP is best. What are you guys running?

I have the FMoto map that is TPS based. Ive tuned it with the wide bands. Unbelievable how much better my bike runs.

Should I take my stage one MAP based map, and tune it?

I copied the settings from the fmoto map (except VE) to my stage one map.

Any opinions on MAP VS TPS

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
This is a good general overview and guide on Delphi EFI, easy to read through and gives you a good understanding of key concepts, NB vs WB, AFR, Spark and VE tables, etc. http://www94.pair.com/rowand/efibasics/EFI%20Basics.pdf

Old 05-02-2015, 09:09 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone ever just copied over VE, AFR, and spark tables from a canned map into their original map?

I'm getting some DTCs (P1632) ever since updating my PV's firmware and found a thread about it where someone recommended flashing the original map to clear them.

I pulled up my stock map and copied over all the deltas from my most recent autotuned FM map. I'm about to go flash it and test run. Hoping I don't spontaneously combust in the driveway.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:59 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Has anyone ever just copied over VE, AFR, and spark tables from a canned map into their original map?

I'm getting some DTCs (P1632) ever since updating my PV's firmware and found a thread about it where someone recommended flashing the original map to clear them.

I pulled up my stock map and copied over all the deltas from my most recent autotuned FM map. I'm about to go flash it and test run. Hoping I don't spontaneously combust in the driveway.
There should be no problem copying data to the original map.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nhrider1
There should be no problem copying data to the original map.
Yep, no issues. Unfortunately, it didn't work to clear the DTCs.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my PV w/ auto tune pro on order today.

Super stoked to dig in.

DTCs?

Old 05-04-2015, 07:48 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by trintcole
I just read this. Nice post LA_dog. I posted earlier. My map is TPS based. My original map was MAP based. From the article it seems that MAP is best. What are you guys running?

I have the FMoto map that is TPS based. Ive tuned it with the wide bands. Unbelievable how much better my bike runs.

Should I take my stage one MAP based map, and tune it?

I copied the settings from the fmoto map (except VE) to my stage one map.

Any opinions on MAP VS TPS
I've only used TPS-based so can't comment on which is better. what's most important from my learning is optimizing the VE's to the motor. If your stage1 map was supplied by HD, chances are the VEs will be on the lean side especially in the heavier load zones- e.g taking off hard from a light or heavy roll ons. The VE's in the FM map are probably better to use since they are more than likely set richer and a bit more aggressive, along with more aggressive spark tables.

VE's are most important to have correct if you are after more overall performance since the ECM relies on those values to be able to correctly hit the open loop AFR table numbers. You may want to compare the VEs in your HD stage 1 map to the FM map, and use the richer of the two. Higher VE numbers mean more fuel, richer.

I can't wait for the Target Tune product to come out for the PV2, that will be very nice in regards to tuning all VE's properly with WB O2 and also running the ECM in full closed loop WB O2 operation. Still no word on release date though.

[EDIT] - I missed part of what you wrote- if you have the AT PRO kit with WB sensors you should be able to auto-tune all of your VE's accurately. Once that is done you can then come up with a more performance AFR table and spark map and it should work reasonably well. I see now why you borrowed all settings from the FM map except VE's. You can manually tweak VE's to be richer in areas as needed but doing that takes some skill and knowledge.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 05-04-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:17 AM
trintcole
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to a guy at dynojet.

The tps or map based be table is only for our interface. That the Ecm is using both map and tps when operating. He said that is only for the tuner to have a table to tune with.

I was under the impression that if you used the tps based ve, the Ecm only adjusted fuel based on throttle position. If you used map then fuel is adjusted based on map.

He said both are used in the Ecm regardless of which you tune with.

Can anyone verify this as correct?

Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bullast
Got my PV w/ auto tune pro on order today.

Super stoked to dig in.

DTCs?
Diagnostic Trouble Codes. You can read them on your PV.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

GOT IT TODAY BABY!

Am gonna wait till my new mid controls come in to install it (exhaust will be off anyway).

I can't wait!

I wanna do the cams/ tappets/ pushrods next.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread