Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 10:55 AM
gmorgens
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does changing the 14.5 to 14.6 do? VS if it was just 14?

And where is the adjustment for changing the closed loop bias? I see only a few closed loop options, or I may be looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks

Old 08-28-2016, 11:12 AM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts

So I downloaded the latest and the greatest and I can not see the fans in the software? Twincooled 2014-2016 Is anyone able to see the fans?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:21 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

* Mods should probably consolidate this with his other thread *
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-d...h-tune-pv.html

Originally Posted by misfitJason
for starters....your entire afr table is open loop. Change all the 14.5's to 14.6 and change your closed loop bias tables to 720. That should make it smoother and cooler.
gmorgens

This won't help you.
But to answer your question, setting AFR to 14.6 will lean out the fuel mix even more.
But then setting the Closed Loop Bias table to 700 will then bias fuel tables to run richer then they are set.

But you apparently have a Speed-Density calibration, which does not have a Closed Loop Bias table.
It instead uses a Closed Loop Lambda table to set the parameters of the O2 sensors. It does not work the same as in the Alph-N calibration.

This is an example of why just posting a few screen-shots does not work, because you can't see the whole picture.

Being specific with the problems also helps. When is it hot? Just at idle? ( try dropping your idle fuel range down to 14.3 and see if that helps ) or is it all the time ( then drop all those 14.5 down to 14.4, if that doesn't work, go to 14.3 ) and see how it goes.

But fuel mileage will suffer, and just because it runs cooler does not mean it is running right.

Again, your decision.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:25 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master

Originally Posted by jammerx
So I downloaded the latest and the greatest and I can not see the fans in the software? Twincooled 2014-2016 Is anyone able to see the fans?
Does that mean you updated the PV and WinPV software?

If so, did you then Update the Tune using PV ... ?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:14 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
Does that mean you updated the PV and WinPV software?

If so, did you then Update the Tune using PV ... ?
No I didnt, so load the new custom tune? Can I update an existing tune I have made? How?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:29 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master

Load the tune you want to update into WinPV.
Connect the PV unit.

Then up top, under the Power Vision tab, click on Update Tune using PV.

You can only update one at a time, and it will add the word Updated to the file name (so you don't over write the original one )

Old 08-31-2016, 03:54 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Not sure if this has already been asked/answered. I'm about to install PV and Target Tune on my 2014 Low Rider. Part of the install requires that the PV and TT both be connected to the bike's diagnostic port. Dynojet provides a pigtail adapter with TT so that both can be connected to the single diagnostic port on the bike.

My problem is that I already have auxiliary driving lights connected to the diagnostic port. I'm told that the lights need to be powered through the diagnostic port because of the Canbus. Unless I want to power the lights directly from the battery which would obviously not provide ignition switched power to the lights.

One suggested alternative is to get a second pigtail. So I'd plug the pigtail into the pigtail to get three positions for the 1) Target Tune, 2) Power Vision, and 3) Aux Driving Lights.

Has anyone tried this and if so have you had any problems with it? I'm told that the only problem might be when flashing the ECM if the aux lights are turned on. So the simple solution to this is to only attempt a flash with the aux driving lights turned off.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:36 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Not sure if this has already been asked/answered. I'm about to install PV and Target Tune on my 2014 Low Rider. Part of the install requires that the PV and TT both be connected to the bike's diagnostic port. Dynojet provides a pigtail adapter with TT so that both can be connected to the single diagnostic port on the bike.

My problem is that I already have auxiliary driving lights connected to the diagnostic port. I'm told that the lights need to be powered through the diagnostic port because of the Canbus. Unless I want to power the lights directly from the battery which would obviously not provide ignition switched power to the lights.

One suggested alternative is to get a second pigtail. So I'd plug the pigtail into the pigtail to get three positions for the 1) Target Tune, 2) Power Vision, and 3) Aux Driving Lights.

Has anyone tried this and if so have you had any problems with it? I'm told that the only problem might be when flashing the ECM if the aux lights are turned on. So the simple solution to this is to only attempt a flash with the aux driving lights turned off.
I'm not positive on the Lows, but are you confusing the diagnostic port for the aux port? I know on teh touring, they have two plugs but they are different. I would think that your lights plug in to the aux port and NOT the diag port.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:18 PM
spelk3
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner

You could power the lights off of the battery, just use a relay to switch the power on with the ignition.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:56 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
I'm not positive on the Lows, but are you confusing the diagnostic port for the aux port? I know on teh touring, they have two plugs but they are different. I would think that your lights plug in to the aux port and NOT the diag port.
Good question, but no, these lights are powered through the diagnostic port. I should have included the link to the lights in the original post:
https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....ive=false&.pdf

Originally Posted by spelk3
You could power the lights off of the battery, just use a relay to switch the power on with the ignition.
Will the relay switch prevent error codes with the Canbus? I'm obviously way not an expert at this, but do remember having problems wiring my Jagg oil coolers fan.

Because of this issue I'm rethinking the install of Target Tune and may just go with the Power Vision itself and stick to narrow band O2 sensors and no closed loop.

Last edited by UrbanRunner; 08-31-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread