Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help- handlebar wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help- handlebar wiring

So last week I bought a new set of bars for my 2012 Street Bob and decided to install myself. During the install, one of the wiring harnesses got damaged. No big deal, I thought, I would just cut the wires and solder them.

So I finished running the internal wiring, labeled which wires connected to which (which was very easy, there are two connectors on the right side- one with only one wire, one with four color-coded, and only one on the left, with the four color- coded). I then disconnected the battery and connected all of the wires with screw-on wire connectors for testing (before soldering). I hooked the battery back up, turned the key to ignition, and tried to turn it on. Nothing.

I double checked the connection on the wires twice (they were fine) and tried again, still nothing.

The problem is clearly something with the bar wiring, because the rear lights come on when I turn the key, and if I press the rear brake the brake lights come on. I'm just seeing no lights on the dash and hearing nothing when I attempt to turn the bike on. Wires seem to be connected just fine.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

check for blown fuses?