Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Pro Super Tuner for MAC

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 PM
streetglide210
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pro Super Tuner for MAC

Does anyone know of a "Pro Super Tuner" download for the MAC Laptop Computer. I don't understand why there is not a factory download for MAC when these tuners have been out for a number of years.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:28 AM
joker4fun
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no such thing als a Software version of SESTP for OSX
What you can do:
Get yourself either a VM-Ware or a Parallels License and install Windows7 on it - then you can run SESTP without any problems on a mac laptop.

Regards, D

Old 05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

I have the same problem. I run a Mac notebook. Solutions:

- If you have a PC laptop at work, use that for the Super Tuner software

or

- Buy a cheap Windows laptop (like an Asus) to run your few but maybe important Windows software programs. It's a lot easier, and maybe ultimately not much more costly, than using VMware or Parallels, since both require their own software license PLUS a lot of memory to work decently. Also, some programs are not compatible with VMware or Parallels. You need to check FIRST if a specific program is, and many, especially the non-common ones like Super Tuner, are not (Super Tuner may be common to US biker's, but not to normal people )

I use the laptop from my job to run the Super Tuner software.

Jim G

Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I am sure a Mac is a nice, but when 99.44% of all the whole world talks to their machines in Windows.........? And by machines... I mean EVERYTHING with a brain inside. Manufacturing, especially.

It's not about how long a tuner has been out, its all about how no one on earth uses Mac to talk to a machine, of which your bike is a machine, BTW. All kinds of machine languages use Windows modules to 'talk'. No one, especially a consumer product, is going to try to build the same modules their selves and have some kind of buggy experience for the end consumer.

Just how life is, and will not change.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 05-12-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:54 AM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
I am sure a Mac is a nice, but when 99.44% of all the whole world talks to their machines in Windows.........? And by machines... I mean EVERYTHING with a brain inside. Manufacturing, especially.

It's not about how long a tuner has been out, its all about how no one on earth uses Mac to talk to a machine, of which your bike is a machine, BTW. All kinds of machine languages use Windows modules to 'talk'. No one, especially a consumer product, is going to try to build the same modules their selves and have some kind of buggy experience for the end consumer.

Just how life is, and will not change.
Well said!

Jim G

Old 05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Wish there was a mac version as well. Oh well, just keep using the piece of crap dell I bought last summer for my Power Vision (for sale btw).
At least the cables are USB now. When I started doing car tuning with a Powrtuner and then HP tuners, I still had to have a USB converter or Serial connection or whatever it's called, I forget.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:11 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by load97
Oh well, just keep using the piece of crap dell I bought last summer for my Power Vision (for sale btw).
The Power Vision is not re-saleable. Once used to load a tune onto any specific individual ECM, it is permanently married to that ECM.

Yes, it can still be used to clear codes and display data from a different ECM, but no one is going to pay much for that. People buy a PV to make changes.

Jim G

Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
The Power Vision is not re-saleable. Once used to load a tune onto any specific individual ECM, it is permanently married to that ECM.

Yes, it can still be used to clear codes and display data from a different ECM, but no one is going to pay much for that. People buy a PV to make changes.

Jim G
they are re-sellable. Once married, a PV can be unlocked by purchasing a $200 license file from DynoJet or FuelMoto and it's like new again. You can have multiple licenses for PV.

so going rate for a used PV1 or PV2 (only difference is the cable) is about $150 then another $200 for a license file. $350 total and you're good as new.

TTS can also be re-used by sending the device to TTS for a fee to unlock it. Because mt7 and mt8 files lock the ECM, it's not wise (or very cordial) to do this to the buyer of your bike

SE devices, you cannot do this with. once married they go with the bike or become a paperweight.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 05-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

and for what it's worth, any of the software applications for tuning can be used in a virtualized MAC os.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:16 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
they are re-sellable. Once married, a PV can be unlocked by purchasing a $200 license file from DynoJet or FuelMoto and it's like new again. You can have multiple licenses for PV.

so going rate for a used PV1 or PV2 (only difference is the cable) is about $150 then another $200 for a license file. $350 total and you're good as new.

TTS can also be re-used by sending the device to TTS for a fee to unlock it. Because mt7 and mt8 files lock the ECM, it's not wise (or very cordial) to do this to the buyer of your bike

SE devices, you cannot do this with. once married they go with the bike or become a paperweight.
Thanks for this great info, UltraNutZ!

So the ONLY difference between a PV-1 and PV-2 is the cable? No internal field differences at all?

You also mention the TTS and note that "mt7 and mt8 files lock the ECM" (as opposed to merely marrying the tuner to the ECM). The implication is that Power Vision does NOT lock the ECM. Have I understood that correctly?

Does the HD Super Tuner Pro lock the ECM in any way?

Does using a PV on a bike previously tuned via Super Tuner Pro in any way inhibit an HD dealer's ability to access the ECM for diagnostic or safety recall reflash reasons? (e.g. like the current Breakout fuel level sensor software recall)

Jim G

Quick Reply: Pro Super Tuner for MAC