Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Signal/Horn/Hi-Lo Beam Switches?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 AM
cswanson
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal/Horn/Hi-Lo Beam Switches?

I replaced the handlebars on my 71 XLCH with 16" apes. I am having a tough time trying to find something to use for my signal, horn, and hi-lo beam switches. My old bars had the old style horn button and separate hi-lo beam switch mounted in the left side with the wiring running inside the bars. The right hand side had a universal surface mount three way switch for the signal lights with external wiring. The problem with that is it didn't look that good (in my opinion) and the lever to activate the signal switch was broken off.
I'm not opposed to using the old horn and hi-lo beam switches on the left and getting something for the signals on the right. If I can find something that would incorporate all three switches/buttons in one unit, I think that might be cool. I have seen some ATV/Dirt bike style all in one switches but I don't think they would look that good.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I have searched though JP Cycles, Jireh Cycles and Zoom Cycles catalogs as well as eBay. I haven't been able to come up with much.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 04-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Signal/Horn/Hi-Lo Beam Switches?

These guys have a lot of vintage switches, and they are honest. http://www.antiquecyclesupply.com/