Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input on Windsheilds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Terminator69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for input on Windsheilds?

Hi all I was wondering what everyone is running on their new scoots for a windshield? And if you wouldn't mind giving a little feed back Like what windshield make/ size shield and what your height and weight is? Also what you love or what you hated about it also. Thanks in Advance, Todd

I had a klock worxs on my 07 and liked it but I'm not sure how it would work on the 14's with the slot in the fairing?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

I have a Clear View windshield on my 14 Limited and really like it. Went with the Medium size, very close to stock height. Went with the smoke tint and with the RECURVE. Works and looks great. I am 6ft. 230lb.

Hope this helps

Old 08-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 8.5" Klock Werks Flare in dark tint on my 2014 Street Glide and it's the best shield I've used so far. It's a little hard to see thru the shield because of the curve so you want to make sure you can see over it but it just plain works great. I put my 7" LRS back on the bike last weekend because it's easier to see over and thru when you need to but after 200 miles the first thing I did when I got home was put the 8.5" Klock Werks back on. The Klock Werks stops the glasses shaking for me like no other shield has. At first I didn't think I was going to like the shield because it does distort your vision if you look thru the curved area and being dark tint it's a little distracting riding at night. But after riding with the 7" LRS again and having my glasses shake all over the place at hwy speeds I realized just how well the Klock Werks flare works! I'm 6' and weigh 185lbs with average legs to torso ratio...lol

Old 08-31-2014, 04:03 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I have 2 LRS's.

I have a 10" Ultra, dark tint, which I can see over just fine.
And I have an 8" Ultra Elite, dark tint, which I bought purely for looks, but also works nearly as well as the 10"

ZERO issues with either of them, I think they are a high quality product.

I'm 5' 10", short legs... and I'm riding a Corbin Dual Tour saddle.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Replaced the stock windshield with a 10" LRS Recurve in the dark tint. Looks good and the recurve works great to keep me out of the buffeting.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:10 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SafetyMan - I need to try the 8" LRS to see if it's the extra 1.5" of the KW that makes it work so much better for me or if it's the design. Either that or maybe it's the lower fairings on the limited that helps to reduce the buffeting.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Terminator69
Hi all I was wondering what everyone is running on their new scoots for a windshield? And if you wouldn't mind giving a little feed back Like what windshield make/ size shield and what your height and weight is? Also what you love or what you hated about it also. Thanks in Advance, Todd

I had a klock worxs on my 07 and liked it but I'm not sure how it would work on the 14's with the slot in the fairing?
I've been through a couple on my 2014 Limited but now have a 6" Cee Baileys recurve. I'm 5'11', the wind just grazes the top of my helmet with the stock Limited seat and goes right over my head with the Street Glide seat I use when riding solo.

The 6" height is so low, I see right over it like it's not even there and it looks cool.

I just rode home in the pouring rain this afternoon and the rain ripped right over my helmet.

BTW, I ALWAYS leave the fairing vent open. It's what makes these new fairings work so well and why you can use much lower windshields with them as opposed to earlier batwings.

Last edited by offthewall; 08-31-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:47 PM
JWilson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8" Freedom Shield smoke.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Got a LRS now , light tint, like the looks, seems ok, but on my 11, had a Cee Bailys, and seemed to send the air a little higher over my head, OFFTHEWALL , you got a pic of the c bailys ?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
... OFFTHEWALL , you got a pic of the c bailys ?
Here ya go...

Attached Thumbnails Looking for input on Windsheilds?-img_7677.jpg   Looking for input on Windsheilds?-img_7626.jpg  

Quick Reply: Looking for input on Windsheilds?