Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Riding Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 AM
cdremy
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Riding Arkansas

After seeing some of the amazing pics and reading the comments about the rides in the state, I find that my wife and I half to go. After riding the NC. area including the Dragon, my wife and I have fell in love with the area and friendly people. Unlike MN where we live, the people are so laid back and don't mind taking time to talk and answer any question you might have. We will be trailering the bike down from MN and would like to stay in one place. Would like any suggestions on a good area to stay which would allow us to ride the best and most roads in the state. Thanks Ken

Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

My preference is the Jasper area if you are interested in riding as opposed to cultural excursions. Otherwise, Eureka Springs, although more crowded would be an excellent choice. Get yourself a Butler map and you will see why.
http://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle...ps/ozarks-map/

Old 11-01-2014, 05:32 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Another vote for the Eureka Springs area. Very scenic area. Close to the area lakes and great rides are close in both Arkansas and southern Missouri.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Home based out of Eureka Springs, AR this past June for a week. Stayed at a place called "The Lodge" - very comfortable, clean and not pricey. You can ride every day and see something new. There are mountains, rivers, more curvy roads than I don't know what, plenty of history and neat old architecture. You can ride the "Pig Trail", go to Mount Magazine (highest point in the Ozarks) and eat at some really great restaurants. Speaking of restaurants, be sure to go to the Cliff House Inn south of Jasper on state route 7 - great views, great food. Check out the thread Arkansas Bucket List in this section for more really helpful info. Have a great trip.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:26 AM
V-Man
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lakerat
Get yourself a Butler map and you will see why.
http://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle...ps/ozarks-map/
OK - never heard of these before. They look awesome! Great tip, thanks.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:01 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 143 Posts

Ms Kim at the Lodge in Eureka is great! Another vote for them

Old 11-02-2014, 08:40 AM
cdremy
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Eureka Springs

After reading most of the threads, I think Eureka Springs will be a go. I read many suggestions for motels to stay at but no cabins which we would prefer. Nothing spend y, Just something clean with room to park my truck and trailer.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

You might want to consider one of the state park lodges as a base location to stay at too. I recommend Mt. Magazine State Park (has lodge and cabins), Mt. Nebo State Park (has cabins only, but are very reasonably priced), and Petit Jean Mountain State Park (has lodge and cabins).

I have personnally stayed at all three locations, and since they are all in the Arkansas River Valley they work as a base location for day rides north to the Eureka Springs/Jasper/Pig Trail area, and a day ride south to Hot Springs. Mt. Nebo practically overlooks scenic Hwy 7 and goes north to Jasper or south to Hot Springs. The scenary at all three state parks is nothing short of awesome.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

We stayed in Eureka Springs in June for a week. Great riding in any direction. Harrison seems to be a little more centrally located to the great riding, but Eureka Springs in really nice.

Bill

Old 11-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 753 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by cdremy
After reading most of the threads, I think Eureka Springs will be a go. I read many suggestions for motels to stay at but no cabins which we would prefer. Nothing spend y, Just something clean with room to park my truck and trailer.
The Wife and I too are headed to the Ozarks next summer.
We're thinking perhaps that the first week in August might be best seeing that's when a lot of motorcycle enthusiast will be up in the Black Hills.
I'm a bit concerned about the heat in August though so we may move the trip to June.

Were going not just for riding though, but for a general vacation as well.
The riding is just part of the vacation.

We also will be looking at Eureka Springs and staying at a Resort cabin with preferably privacy and a private hot tub.
Our budget is a little more lenient for this trip seeing that it's going to be our primary vacation for the year.

I'll keep checking out this thread and the others related to Arkansas for lodging, entertainment, and riding suggestions.

Quick Reply: Riding Arkansas