Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Flaming Gorge Reservoir

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Dirtbagger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting

Thats interesting Atticus (my favorite movie BTW) UT43 and WY414 heads a little west. There are good northbound roads around there as well.

For the larger picture here. We'll be coming from Grand Junction CO and headed toward Jackson Hole. We are not on a set path or schedule, just want to make the most of the area while there. Flaming Gorge was right there so... but I'm open to suggestions too. Of course, Early June... we'll also let the weather help us with last minute decisions...

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
What about the road from Manila to Lyman via UT43/WY414?

I'm thinking of a ride from the Provo area, up the canyon, over Mirror Lake Highway, over to Lyman, and back via Manila, Vernal, Indian Canyon, and then up US6.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Banditsghost
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dirtbagger
Thanks Banditsghost. Good info for me. I see you are a Fuel Moto fan. Did you do the setup yourself with the electronics?
Yes I did the build myself. Price wise I could not beat the price and I used their base map in the Power Vision. They were very helpful! Very happy with it so far, not a drag racer but will pick the tire up if I get too crazy.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Banditsghost
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dirtbagger
Thats interesting Atticus (my favorite movie BTW) UT43 and WY414 heads a little west. There are good northbound roads around there as well.

For the larger picture here. We'll be coming from Grand Junction CO and headed toward Jackson Hole. We are not on a set path or schedule, just want to make the most of the area while there. Flaming Gorge was right there so... but I'm open to suggestions too. Of course, Early June... we'll also let the weather help us with last minute decisions...
Douglas pass out of Grand Junction was under construction last year and was pretty rough. The heavy rains last Aug washed out a few places also, nothing major. Well worth the trip over it either way.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Dirtbagger
Advanced

Yup, that's the way I'm planning to go. Good to know. I don't mind taking it easy but I like knowing how much time to plan for.