Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

11 day tour starting this Sunday. Jitters

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:52 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 11 day tour starting this Sunday. Jitters

Leaving this Sunday with GF in tow on her Deluxe for uncharted lands. Headed north to Portland and Crater Lake then down to Lake Tahoe. Cant wait to leave but am experiencing "jitters" . Havent ridden in those parts so maybe its Big Foot thats bothering me.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like I will color in two states!

Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM
mccstevie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't let it get to you. I've done 4 trips into new territory and felt the same way. Been out west on a 4200 mile loop, a 3000 mile loop through New England and just completed a 2400 mile loop into the upper peninsula of Michigan. Take a map with you or a GPS, a credit card and a thorough look over of your machines. Take your time and see the sites,chances are you may never be there again. Take lots of pics with a quality camera and blow them up and frame them when you get back.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Peter Griffin
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

It will go away within 200 miles.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Av8rPaul
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 33 Posts

I get a little anxious before every big ride too...used to get almost physically ill when I raced! Soon as the flag dropped it was gone, and as soon as I hit the road for a bit same thing. You're gonna have a blast! I live in Reno and am heading to Washington on Thursday and will be wandering around Oregon for a couple days coming and going, wave if you see me and my Street Glide!

I usually refrain from giving road advise because I think it's more fun to just explore, but if you can ride through Lassen Volcano NP you will not be disappointed. It's the best park that no one knows about and a great road. Have fun!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 AM
Streetin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I love road trips. I like the journey, my wife likes the destination. We usually don't sleep much the night before we leave. Jitters go away after you finally get going. We always take pictures as if we will never see this again. We try to go new places. Enjoy your trip.
We leave Sunday as well.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 AM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Even the longest journey begins with the first step. Prep the bikes, pack half of what you think you'll need and take twice the money. Talk to the locals, they can fill you in on all the little things that you would otherwise miss. Set no time frames other than departure and return. Stay hydrated and make plenty of rest stops, this will help with fatigue and swamp azz. It is afterall, about the journey and not the destination. Remember, you are only one wrong turn away from your next greatest adventure.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:49 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm thinking it is Bigfoot. Every time you filled in 1 of your states it was a new ride, so you are tested! Have fun and be safe brother!!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Was just down to Crater Lake earlier this year. You two are going to have a great time. Don't know if others here will agree but I found hwy. 97 between Klamath Falls and Biggs to be a POS with all that truck traffic that runs between CA and the Inland NW. On a positive note, had a great plate of enchiladas in Madras at a place called Rio (not that chain out of SLC) that even an Alb. guy would enjoy.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM
bballkking1
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Its just some 200 to 400 mile day trips strung together. Wake up, ride, sleep, repeat. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: 11 day tour starting this Sunday. Jitters