Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

True Dual Heat Shield

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 PM
kjobe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Heat Shield

I have the True Duals with Big Louie's on my 2009 FLHTCU, installed last summer. This has to be the best exhaust system out there, with the ceramic coating. Only issue I have is the front/lower shield clamps keep breaking, on the third one. Not sure if shield is warped. Tighten the middle clamp first, then lower and shield near head stands off the pipe, requires tension in order to place last clamp. Not sure if this is what's causing clamps to fail or not, I've tried marine clamps still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kjobe
I have the True Duals with Big Louie's on my 2009 FLHTCU, installed last summer. This has to be the best exhaust system out there, with the ceramic coating. Only issue I have is the front/lower shield clamps keep breaking, on the third one. Not sure if shield is warped. Tighten the middle clamp first, then lower and shield near head stands off the pipe, requires tension in order to place last clamp. Not sure if this is what's causing clamps to fail or not, I've tried marine clamps still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.
Please try to get some pictures and email to sales@rushracingproducts.com. Our techs can look at the images and try to figure out what's happening. The clamps should not be breaking. Thanks for choosing Rush and sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw this.
Ryan